Not all gogo girls are "available"

june11

I see guys saying in this forum (guys like "HIGHTAILED") saying that all dancers in gogo's are available for sex. And some guys saying that girls usually have no choice who they go with. That's a myth, in my opinion.

I see the gogo girls choosing who they go with all the time, and choosing whether they go at all. They can just walk away from a customer they don't like if their sitting with him.....Or if a customer waves to the girl while she's dancing, they can ignore him...I see that happenging quite a bit. Also, about 25% of the girls dancing do not look at any guys at all while dancing, and make no eye contact. They then just leave the stage and disappear with the set is over. So, they obviously do not want to be barfined that night, and are effectively choosing not to be. Now, how effective there choosing is varies from bar to bar, but if you average across all the bars, i'd say it's about 25% of the girls who do not want to go with anyone, and/or they can choose who to go with. MOREOVER, even if a masamam "forces" a girl to be barfined, she obviously doesn't have to have sex or even go to the hotel. All she has to do is quote the guy an outrageous price....and even say something like "pay me before sex". (This won't work if the customer is insane and agrees to all terms)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant, but I expect you've misenterpreted some well intentioned people that you quote. Go-go girls have certain quotas to be met, but no requirement to go with any individual who chooses them, as far as I know.

You seem to be more interested in the transaction than the rest of the experience, judging from other threads where we speak about up-front payment and blah, blah, blah.

I am a big fan of 'Up to you'. The concept works both ways, and it is one of the nice things about the farang scene in Thailand. :p

Relax.

June,

I think you make some excellent points in your post.

I do believe the key words in your post, however, are

"varies from bar to bar."

Yes, I think in most gogo bars there is a degree of freedom for the ladies in terms of who they go with, or whether they go with anyone at all. However, in some bars it doesn't work that way. Mamasans do the fixing up with customers and off they go.

Also, please consider that most bars have barfine quotas that must be met or salaries are cut. If dancers get too picky with who they go with, they could easily find themselves without a salary.

Or, without a job.

Let there be no mistake, the bars are in business to make money. If they find themselves with a prissy stunner who will not interact or go with customers, they will fire her in a heartbeat. Yes, there is money to be made on drinks too, but bars are not stupid and realize that if a dancer is there to cause problems and not assist the bar in its money-making endeavours, it is time to dump her.

So, yes, I agree that there is a bit of flexibility in some bars. However, the dancers must be careful they don't abuse this 'privilege' or they will soon be visiting other bars looking for a place to be choosy.

The stunners likely get away with more shit than the average looking dancers, but I have seen many of them get sacked too in short order for acting like primadonnas.

"....All she has to do is quote the guy an outrageous price.."

The girls at the gogos are much more professional than the rank and file girls at the open bars.

Last time I was in Pattaya I took a friend to "Classroom". My idea was to relax there and head for the open bars later. I had forewarned him earlier that the girls will come up and nuzzle up against him, and he will be tempted to barfine the first one that rubs her tits into him

These girls know how to do business and how to make the customer feel good in the bar. Unfortunately they are masters of being able to extract the most money with the least amount of work They can have many a barfine without even having sex. Some won't even sit next to you if they have a feeling you are not a big spender.

As long as you give the girls the chance to choose..your observations are accurate IMHO.

But still I second HIGHTAIED 's opinion that most girls "|have" to go with a customer. That's what I see all the time.

The few exceptions , as Sarisin already mentioned, are most times stunners who have more priviliges because the barowner doesn't want to loose them.

Tis interesting. As well as it varies from bar to bar I think it varies from girl to girl within the bar and his/her (hehe) relationship with management. As some "stunners" get away with murder and others do not.

I think close to a year ago at Silver Dragon I was really interested in a girl and asked her over. She never came over. Mamasan asked me if I liked someone, I said, "Yes, but I don't think she likes me." Mamasan of course says, "She does. Which one." lol. Anyways the mamasan was pretty adamant and I wouldn't tell her. Low and behold she comes up dragging you know who and asks if I want to barfine (I wasn't very secretive in my admiration). Actually, I wanted to barfine the girl so she could just get out of there. I didn't barfine her, but I did let the mamasan know exactly what I thought about "forcing" her to go with me. Not that it made a difference, but I did feel a little better. Overall though I felt pretty bad as I bought drinks at that bar that promoted this type of atmosphere.

Not sure if the same mamasan is still there but Silver Dragon has undergone some immense changes so I don't think things are the same at all now.

<<burp>>

It's interesting that you've made this point around the Christmas period. I noticed similar things myself last year, but not to as great an extent in quieter periods. Maybe its because at this time there's a relative surfit of punters and the girls can be choosy, or they'ce been barfined for the last seven nights running and just want to go hom to Somchai at the end of the night.

Cheers

6 points clear of Cardiff...magic

Archived