Not all gogo girls are "available"

june11

this topic has always fascinated me.

i read all these reports of the girls have to fulfill a certain quota of drinks and BF's each month.

but in my experience,this is not so.

i would never call myself an expert on Thailand,have only visited 5 times,but i always make friends with the owners or mamasan's of the bars and if i mention quota's for the girls,they are mysterfied,as are the girls themselves.

but i'm only talking about the 12-15 regular bars i visit,perhaps these bars are unusual?.

but back to the original question,are they all 'available'?.

in my experience,most are,but not all.

some are quite happy with 2-3 BF's a month and their salary.

but of course others want as many men as they can get.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they get sacked that easily at all. The mamasans put a lot of pressure on them (and I've witnessed it at close hand) but, like western counterparts, they can often make enough money while prickteasing to be very choosy. Bars need a few lookers to get people to sit down. Mamasans have a say but they aren't the bosses. They don't like it of course, but they usually have to grin and bide their time. I've known choosy girls stay in a bar for a long time. Hey Sarasin, I thought you weren't the kind of guy who liked a bar for its stunners anyway so I'd guess that you don't notice it as much as the kind who do.

Maybe she's had enough off's already. And her best friend hasn't made the quota yet. Helping her out so to say, she's cutting down the averages for someone who needs to be bar fined. But still has the oblegation to dance.

And maybe their's the jillion posts about already being fined and still going short time with someone. The old. How could she cheat on me posts. Maybe she isn't the girl who cheats. And doesn't get cought, because she didn't do anything wrong. And is waiting for her man to show up.

The posibilities could be endless. And trying to figure out someone's motives one on one would drive me nuts. Think in the realm of trying one on thirty. You against her. Her six best friends and the twenty three others sticking their noses into her business.

I'm not rippin on you. I just think we take for granted that they are "ON" every night. Theirs been plenty of days where I work that I was their but not really " Their" so to say.

She'll work when she gets hungry. Try again in a few days.

DC

sayjann,

I would really be interested in hearing the names of some of the 12- 15 bars you are referring to. Are they gogo bars? In Bangkok?

Honestly, I don't know of any gogo bars that DON'T have a quota system of some kind. I can assure you I know plenty of owners, managers, etc. and visit these bars often, so please, thrown us a few names of bars, if you will.

Again, this is common sense to give the dancers some sort of incentive or push to be more service-oriented (ha), or, more importantly make more money for the bar.

I'm not a beer bar regular, but I don't think all of these have the quotas the gogo bars have.

Sarasin, I believe you are right about agogo bars having both drink and barfine quotas for its dancers. Regarding dek serves at agogos, some have quotas and I have heard of others that do not.

Most larger beer bars where I have inquired also have BF and LD quotas.

The bar owners and managers (or other knowledable posters) on this board would know better than me, but I got the impression drink sales provide more revenue and profits for the bars than do barfines. Of course, for ladies, most of their income comes from ST and LT 'tips'.

I still believe that finding a go-go dancer who never goes with a customer, is quite rare. Doesn't mean they are all going to go with *you*, though. Some might only go with Japanese man. Some may only go enough times/month to meet barfine quota. Some might be on their period. Some might have a regular flying in that night, and is coming to bar to get her. Some might not like the way you smell, or look.

I never said that every go-go dancer is always available to every punter, at any given time. My posts were in response to the notion that many go-go dancers never, ever, take customers.

I do not think that there are many go-go dancers who will never go with a customer, for reasons I have outlined before. Serv-deks, cashiers, bartenders, beer bars, free lancers.....no one else in the BKK sex trade has to take off their clothes, show their stuff, and dance for strangers. Deciding to be a go-go dancer is not the way a shy, non-customer-going Thai girl is going to participate in the sex trade, when only out to make 8-10k baht a month for herself. Plenty of ways to do that with all the other sex-trade related options out there. In fact, go-go dancers make up only a fraction of all the other girls out there.

How much crap do you think a go-go manager/mamasan is going to put up with. How many times a night will they have to listen from punters who spend big baht on lady drinks for a girl, only to be told "I not go with customers", before they just get a new girl to replace her. Go-go's have girls dance naked to attract customers. They want customers to stay, and then come back. They put a naked (or skantilly clad) girl in front of you, with the notion that not only will you give them your baht on drinks for yourself, but give them 100 baht for 5 baht worth of cola, for the girl. It is also very much implied that the girl is available for take out. That is what BKK go-go's are all about. You go there to find lady (last time I was there, anyway..maybe things have changed in 3 months?) They even set a price for what they charge for that (barfine). In many bars, that charge is posted right on the wall.

I challange you to find one go-go dancer who never goes with any customer, under any circumstance. Bar managment is simply not going to put up with that. That is exactly *why* 90% of go-go's have barfine quotas...to stop girls from never going with customers. Sure, the'll let them turn some down, due to their dislike of race, smell, looks, etc. And also understanding that all girls will have some nights that they just don't feel well, have yeast infection, family member just died, etc.

A go-go dancer can be a drink selling machine, but in doing so, will have to pretend she loves you, and wants to be with you. Not going with you in the end, is just not how the go-go game is played. Every bar owner knows that he/she can have the most unreal stable in town, but if it's known 'girls not go with you", at that bar, it will empty two night later, no matter how pretty they are. Nana bars sell two things. Booze, and sex. They stop selling either one, and they are dead within a week.

The other part of your post..about being forced to go by mamasan? Well...I think all go-go girls are free to choose. That is the whole point behind the minimum barfine system. They are free to choose, up to a point. They have to go at least 8-10 times a month (whatever # days). Actually, they don't even have to do that. But they will have to pay the fine, essentually wiping out most of their paycheck.

One note to this: I had been talking to manager of Rainbow1 one evening (outside of bar) for about an hour. Later in bar, she pointed to girls on stage, and said "You pick any one. Doesn't matter. I make barfine very cheap for you", while shining flashlight back and forth on them all (30 girls, or so). I can tell you, that any girl I chose, and refused me, would have caused great loss of face for mamasan, and I doubt very much any girl up there would have refused, if valued her job. I, of course, refused. But does bring up the fact that there are times when mamasan may insist a dancer go with a customer. Many very rich men frequent Thai go go bars on a continual basis. One of those sees a girl he wants, he will take her at any price. Mamasan is not going to turn down a 10k barfine. And if said girl refuses to go with him??, she is probably out of a job.

So in the end, girl can refuse anyone, although it may cost her her job. I've seen this happen with me, and I'm nobody. I imagine this senario plays out in several of BKK's 100 go-go's on a nightly basis. And she can be put in that situation in a very short, unsuspecting period of time. Owners good friend comes in, and makes a selection? Every girl who works as go-go dancer understands this. They go, and make him happy, or they will be looking for another job in the morning.

They applied for job, with the understanding that they would have to go with customers, and they are even told the minimum times a month, they must do this. That is what the 'World Famous' Bangkok go-go dancer is all about. It is not about spending 1,000 baht on a girl, only to have them tell you they not like sex. They have choosen to dance naked for you, so you will buy them cola, take them back to hotel, fuck them silly, and give them 10 times the average Thai wage, for doing so.

Sorry for the long post, but I just cannot understand what the confussion is. Dress nice and smell good, and go up to *ANY* dancing Thai go-go girl, put 10K baht on the bar, and say "you go with me S/T?". Please tell me how many will say no. Every single BKK go-go girl is on the game. She would not be doing what she does, if that were not the case. She may have an off night, but they all derive their income from selling their bodies for money, to someone.

To think different, is simply delusional. Even if girl wants to strip naked, and dance for free (she could be making more money as serve dek, on the floor selling drinks 100% of time), bar would not buy into it. What is in that for them? Nothing, accept for aggrivated, fustrated customers.

Show me any BKK/Pattaya go-go dancer up on stage, and I promise you, I (you) will be able to go with her. Maybe not that night, but she is for sale. That's why she is up there, and what you need to learn. The only thing keeping her, and a punter, apart, is the amount of bhat offered to her. It's just as simple of that.

HT

>>>>>Sarasin, I believe you are right about agogo bars having both drink and barfine quotas for its dancers. Regarding dek serves at agogos, some have quotas and I have heard of others that do not.

Most larger beer bars where I have inquired also have BF and LD quotas.<<<<

NEP and SC? Yes. Minimum barfines and quota's are alive, and well. A few scattered bars will not impose any throughout the entertainment districts, but is very rare. L/D quota's and minimum barfines, are very much the norm in go-go's, as well as lots of beer bars.

HT

Archived