Origins of Board names

bushman

Another dull story folks, my middle names are Douglas Reid. email is doog2k as I creacted that account for the year 2000.

AKA ultras67 from the fanatical football fans in europe - the ultras -and I was born in 67.

[ March 03, 2002: Message edited by: Doog R ]

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the term Butterfly is associated with one who enjoys the company of numerous women rather than being tied to one woman, I decided to see if I could come up with a name that had this association. So, I entered Butterfly in to a web search engine and ended up finding that Moth would be more appropriate. Here is a quote: "Even though moths are much more common than butterflies, people always refer to butterflies when speaking about the lepidoptera. In fact almost 95 % of all the lepidoptera are moths. The subdivision is based on differences in lifestyle between butterflies and moths. The most obvious difference is that butterflies are active during the daytime and moths during the night-time".

Additionally, I found that the "Tiger Moth" comes from North America, and so do I. So, considering that Tiger has some association to Thailand and the use of butterly (substituted by moth), I decided that Tiger Moth would have be appropriate and have good meaning.

quote:

Originally posted by Tiger Moth:

Since the term Butterfly is associated with one who enjoys the company of numerous women rather than being tied to one woman, I decided to see if I could come up with a name that had this association. So, I entered Butterfly in to a web search engine and ended up finding that Moth would be more appropriate. Here is a quote: "Even though moths are much more common than butterflies, people always refer to butterflies when speaking about the lepidoptera. In fact almost 95 % of all the lepidoptera are moths. The subdivision is based on differences in lifestyle between butterflies and moths. The most obvious difference is that butterflies are active during the daytime and moths during the night-time".

Additionally, I found that the "Tiger Moth" comes from North America, and so do I. So, considering that Tiger has some association to Thailand and the use of butterly (substituted by moth), I decided that Tiger Moth would have be appropriate and have good meaning.

So your handle has no connotation to the aircraft De Havilland Tiger Moth (DH82a)?

Hua Nguu

• 2 weeks later...

>When the board was hosted at Inside the Web I was

My name comes from that time as well...few of us left.....Anyway, in the bangkok bars I am known as "John", (also not my real name), but I just *love* the American overtones (i.e. a customer of prostitutes...), but at the time of Inside the Web, when I decided to start posting, there was a fairly active thread about some guy who had fallen in love with a Thai Go-go dancer..nothing wrong with that you say, EXCEPT, that this guy had picked up the dancer in a BOY go go bar. There was lots of angst about how this guy was not gay, but they had spent all their time together, blah blah blah..he wanted to help this boy to go study etc etc etc...kick back on all this, the guy was posting under the handle "John"..so I needed a new name, hence the present one. For all non native english speakers, to "josh" someone is to lightly make fun of them,to joke around, play the fool etc............hence on any post, you have to remember, am I joshing you.....???

-j-

Archived