Origins of Board names

bushman

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My name isnt Fred and Im not a cunt, I just wanted to read the posts and had to log on so when I had to think of a nickname I got stuck and came up with a real fukin shitty one. Ive thought of changing it but then no one will know its me .....hmmm Is that good or bad? how about "the poster formally known as fredCunty"..nah thats even shittier.

I just want to say something to Fiery Jack, that song was brought out by the Punk Group "Toy Dolls" also but I dunno which one came first. every time I see your name that song rings in my head !

quote:

. . .Fiery Jack, that song was brought out by the Punk Group "Toy Dolls" also but I dunno which one came first. Every time I see your name that song rings in my head. . .

Dear Fredcunty,

The Toy Dolls? Weren't they the Nellie the Elephant bunch from Newcastle? Didn't realise they covered that song, but The Fall's version was definitely a Mark E. Smith "ranting and raving" original. wink.gif" border="0

Small world: I won't tell you what image rings in my head everytime I see your name, but a bargirl's got one down her pants. tongue.gif" border="0

Rock on.

Jack cool.gif" border="0

Hello everyone, first time i wrote into the boards. I do enjoy reading everyone`s post.

My nick name for 30 years is Turk, I am of italian decent, therefore my frineds call me

TURKALINI. I will be coming to Thailand very soon for a few months. I have visited LOS 10 times and i have married a Thai wife. I live in Honolulu Hi.

Aloha Turkalini

Stickman you disapoint me. I thought your name came from that NZ slangword "HES A STICKMAN" meaning hes a bit of a rooter/screwer.

My name is from the title of a C.J. Moore titled "Asiahand" of course. On TSM I use hum kaeng which is a thai word from a CJM novel as well. It means something like hard-dick.

quote:

Originally posted by bushman:

Great ideas for names. Lets hear from all the board members.

Well ok, you asked for it.

Mine has a really interesting story behind it. 32 years ago my mother had a child and named him Daniel... and from a lack of imagination 31 years later he signed up as member on this board with the abbreviated title that he has usually gone by, day in and day out, for the last 3 decades or so.. Zzzzzzz

Ok! I've resisted for a few days but here we go:- Nothing to do with being coquetteish (sp?) - not even French.

It's the name of a small island about 2 miles off the coast of Northumberland around which I used to kayak about 3 times a week.

Archived