Origins of Board names

bushman

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My board name, pjacktpa, comes from all the youngsters who call me "p-jack", as I'm usually older than they.

And "tpa" is the acronym for Tampa, where I live.

Such a clever fellow... crazy.gif" border="0

Late 60s, early 70s, the U.S. Air Force paid a few thousands guys to live at Nakhon Phanom Royal Thai Air Force Base in the far reaches of Isan looking over the Mekong River valley and Laos. Unlike the other bases (Udorn, Ubon, Takhli, etc.), Nakhon Phamom was a mouthfull. Hence NKP--great sanuk. Combine that with my first name. cool.gif" border="0

Hi All,

I simply love to travel, its the journey not the destination and inevitably when I return my friends exclaim, "you dog" when I relate my latest adventures, cause, er ummm, I really am a dog! laugh.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by bibblies:

I love your signature. I was just thinking that a signatures was a shit idea, but you came up with a classy one.

To old guys: you're old. Accept it. If you're generally not referred to as "young man", you're not
young
. And anything over 31 is
old
. Thinking that you're still young isn't enough. Jeez, so you're the old guys still dancing in Nana Disco..

wink.gif" border="0

Well if their not I will be!!

And I will be 39+1/2 by the time I arive.

quote:

Originally posted by Johnny Was:

From the Bob Marley song.

Incidentally, I know that SLF did a cover of it, but was the original actually Bob's?

think it was written by rita marley though i stand to be corrected.

as to my monika, used to be abbot thong, longboring story, but lost password. gooner cos i'm an arsenal fan, exiled cos i don't live there anymore...

quote:

Originally posted by Ranger:

OK, now it's time to vote.

Best story behind their board name

Stupidist story behind their board name

Most embarrasing board name

Etc.

I'll start by saying I think Stickman has the best story about the origins of his name.

Ranger

Got to agree with you on that one Ranger, a classic posting. Never again will I be able to read sticks weekly without having images of stick weilding perverts attacking glass doors.

Archived