Origins of Board names

bushman

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Fly Papillon" should be obvious. I used to be a bit of a butterfly in the dim-and-distant days. "Papillon" is my favourite book, and also French for "butterfly" so it seemed a good choice. However, "Papillon" was already registered when I signed up, but I've never seen a post from him! "Fly Papillon" was the next best choice.

• [color:blue]"..., so I picked the age I lost my cherry, hence Brink15."color=blue>

LOL, a good one! :-)

But, this sounds to be underage... ;-)

I liked Dan's lazy tale of how he got his nic. He has my vote. As for my nic, I am a Conservitive Republican and I thought I could have some fun using the the name of a former President. Guess what it has been fun. I've had some laughs. I know this is not a political board and we are not to speak of politics. Hope I havn't crossed the line or ofended anyone. LOL!

vtombrown said:

Um, Dave, how about changing your name to Amnesia?

From Steven Wright:

'Ever had De ja vu and amnesia at the same time? Its really weird to arrive in a place and and get that strange feeling that you've forgotten you've been there before.

As for Arai wa, its a Thai phrase that, in the right context, can be translated as ' What the f**k!' - an expression of astonishment or shock. A phrase that still springs to mind with regularity after 6 years living in the kingdom.

Watch the board for a listing of my 'Arai wa!' moments whilst living in LOS.

P127,

"yeah, lots of people used to abuse themselves when they were kids "

Nah, I started that when I was 13.

This was with a friend's older sister.

I never have thanked you for that.

Oops! blush.gif

Mine is pretty obvious. It is the only flight out of Tokyo to BKK by an American major other than Northworst Airlines. I have been on this flight tooo many times this year (I would guess many are echoing my sentiments there). At least they eliminated the 747s off this route. Those suckers used to get tossed around big time during typhoon season...Now if only I wasn't such a computer spooge and could figure out how to put my avatar into the posts......

When I was an exchange student in the US, someone started to call me "Fredro" instead of my real name. Guess it was easier to pronounce...

I turned 31 a few months ago... I'm old! smile.gif

Archived