Married a Thai lady in Thailand - pay a dowry?

Stickman

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The master has spoken. Couldn't agree with you more KS. And yes, although of course not as abundant, virgin bargirls can be found, also it's a matter of luck. Most will want a sizeable amount, but hey TiT, if the girl in question likes you she'll drop her nickers without hesitating for one second. And will beg you afterwards not to tell the mama or papasan for obvious reasons:grinyes:

I don't want to sound inquisitive here, but one poster said that he was investing in a house for the bride to be, and that would be the dowry. Be very cautious with that one, I have heard way too many horror stories, especially with former bargirls from the North East; some of these same stories can be found on Mr. Stick's website. I think the biggest of all mistakes foreigners make in Thailand is that they think that having lived with a Thai girl for one year makes it fairly safe to step into a wedding chappel. IMO, Thai girls can be very patient, and their true innerself can come out after many many years and still screw the farang (god, I'm bit off topic here). My Misses had to undergo a three year probation period, during which I tested her on her ability to help me financially when needed, her temper in difficult situations, her family etc, before I actually decided that she was IT! Thai women... you can't live with them and you definitely can't live without them ;)

To Jeffreyh:

Women over 28 are entitled to a sinsot depending of course on how successful she was in keeping her virginity, her social status, childless or not etc IMO a lady over 28 with children should consider herself very lucky that a foreigner is interested in her, in Thailand I'm afraid, divorced women are seen by most, as society's outcasts, sad but true, and should accept the NO DOWRY for you notion. having said that, I knew a guy who was planning to pay 800,000 Baht for a 45 years-old divorced woman "to prove his love" so he said :: And let's not forget that for some odd reason, unlike most countries, the female Thai population outnumbers by far the male Thai population (female: 65% Vs Male 35%)

And let's not forget that for some odd reason, unlike most countries, the female Thai population outnumbers by far the male Thai population (female: 65% Vs Male 35%)

Not exactly what I have heard. According to the website of NSO, there are just a little bit more females (31.3 million) than males (31.1 million) in thailand (here you can find the table)

It also seems that the age/sex distribution is quite normal.

Cheers,

soongmak

Stick

You know my situation but will add my 2 canadian cents worth.

I was not confortable with the idea of a sinsod and really dreaded the "talk" with the family. But after I explained my situation they just said ok. I realize it is part of thai culture but I am not Thai and dont agree with the whole idea of the show with the sin sod. In the worse case I would be paid the dowry and insisted on gettting it back after be presented. But luckily we got married in canada and it never went that far.

Archived