My vasectomy

radioman

what is non scalpel? They tie a knot in your dick?

Noooooo!!!

Hypodermic. First you get a local anaesthetic which removes all sensation from the area under attack and then an injection is made. The 'tubes' are drawn up the hypodermic and separated. They do get knots tied in them. On completion the hypodermic is withdrawn and you don't even need a single stitch. All this takes place at a point where the shaft joins the sack on the underside.

Total time about 15 minutes.

Interesting aside.

Shaving. They will do this for you if you don't. They will not make a particularly good job of it. I suggest the diy approach or with help from an experienced care giver :) It certainly adds a dimension to the fun times and since you need it anyway, Why not?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a vasectomy a few years ago. One of the best decisions I ever made. Was not as painful as others had said, but that may be because I didn't take the extra strength Tylenol that they gave me but bought some vicadins black market vicadins.

I don't tell women I've had them unless they are in their 30s and are absolutely fearful of having any more kids. The girls in their 20s think I can stil make babies. Even if they don't want to have them with you, they don't like that you've taken that possibility away.

Yes I found it in my dictionary

:rotfl:

May I ask why a man would undergo such an operation?

I am curious to know your reasons?

Cheers

I think everyone is different though there are perhaps some common themes. So here's just one take.

Like many men I'm none to keen on condoms, I would certainly not attempt nor do I condone unprotected sex with anyone other than a known bona fide partner but nonetheless and with a history of carefree bonking behind me (it sounds gay but believe me I don't mean it that way!) I'm not overly keen on them. Without going into numbers I consider myself fortunate in having all the variety I personally need however I also recognise that my partner(s) suffer from the effects of enforced chemical infertility (pill). Given that taking such medication has its problems and then add to it the fact that I personally have done all that I will ever want to do no matter the future, toward leaving my mark, kids, then it becomes a reasonable alternative. Other forms of contraception seem to have their downsides but provided you are comfortable with your life and what you need going forward then it should be a fairly simple decision. But we are all different of course. The procedure itself is significantly less difficult to deal with than a root canal op I'd say.

I would add that it is far less common in Thailand than in many other parts of the world. When I spoke with the Doctor here he first wanted to make sure that I really wanted this done, asked all sorts of questions about my life and family and the future as I saw it. He then remarked how, though he personally carries out the procedure hundreds of times a year it is for a far higher proportion of foreigners as opposed to local men. He stated that normally Thai men ask their wives to go through female sterilisation if that is considered necessary. He generally thought it a very manly and responsible thing to do though.

As I said, very personal and if you are less than 40 and/or do not have children you should not even contemplate such action in my opinion but if your life is in good shape and you can enjoy and benefit from that little extra freedom then why not.

To be sure, getting a girl 'wet' and seeing the resulting smile, if like mine she enjoys that sort of thing, and to know that you have no concern beyond that, is a good feeling.

May I ask why a man would undergo such an operation?

I am curious to know your reasons?

Because:

a) I have two grown children now and that's enough (the Earth is overpopulated as it is and I do not want to be an old man with a small kid who can't properly take care of it)

B) We both dislike the taking of drugs for unnecessary reasons (i.e., if my GF does not need to take birth control pills, then all the better)

c) We both agree that it feels SOOOO much better skinnin' it versus using a condom!

So having the vasectomy will allow me to get max pleasure without any "side effects." And if I change my mind about having kids, then it is entirely possible (80%+ chance) to extract sperm and do an artificial insemination. What's not to like?

But I, like others, have not passed along this info to my GF as I have learned in the past what Choco and others have: girls *like* to know that you can knock them up. She just thinks we are living dangerously and that the "coitus interuptus" method actually works :smirk: .

Cheers,

SD -- always wraps it with whores, tho'

<<

a) I have two grown children now and that's enough (the Earth is overpopulated as it is and I do not want to be an old man with a small kid who can't properly take care of it)>>

Should be tattoo'ed on the forehead of all Thai visitor's - I think I am way too old to have kids yet keep meeting friends who'll be 70/80 when the kid is 21. WAY to old to be a effective dad I think. I am worried and I'll be in my early 60's

Coupla interesting posts there guys. The thing about keeping quiet I guess intrigues me as much as anything. I've not personally seen that as a problem but my field of experience is perhaps limited. I have two kids, one of each, so more is unnecessary, I am very much with the over population idea. I guess I'm old enough too. I'll be 61 and then 63 when they hit 21, if I make it that far. Certainly would worry me if I was into my 50's before having children knowing that there might be a good chance of not even seeing their graduation let alone grandchildren, though I guess you never can tell which will come first, but even so.

Back to keeping it quiet, I guess you guys must have noticed something but in my own case as far as Miss Avatar goes she has no desire for children whatsoever. Says enough in her family already, why she need to make work for herself. Indeed she was a good part of the driving force that got me thinking about the chop in the first place, again not keen on chemically imbalancing herself and all of the side effects that go with that. Maybe the sort of women I gravitate to are naturally that way, even my first, farang, wife never wanted children. Neither did I until I got to about 37 then I guess I got broody :) . Just weird how these things go and we are all different but seems there are some common themes.

I think we're all waiting now to hear CTO's field report when he go's for it. Have you set a date yet?

I may be a fool - but I also :condom: with the unknowns

Archived