2009/2010 season

sayjann

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF has SAF started putting in Nani's tea?

Three games in a row now and he has performed to the level expected of him, finally learned to lift his head up and play the final ball.

The result did not reflect the overall game, the differance was United put most of their chances away wheras Arsenal were in cows arse / banjo mode, that being said I was not comfortable until we got the third since Arsenal were always a threat without the final product.

Overall I was impressed with Uniteds performance especially considering Rio and Vidic were both absent, I know its an old cliche that United move up a gear in the new year but based on the recent showings it looks like the red machine is back on track.

• 2 weeks later...

The Liverpool result and the dropped points have some pundits saying Arsenal are still in play for the title. The result and the fact that Arsenal don't have to play Chelsea, Man Yoo and Liverpool (as well as Villa) for the remainder of the season. The two toughest games are Tottenham away and Man City home, while Chelsea and Man Yoo still have to play each ther, City, at least one of them has to play Liverpool and one or both still have to play Everton, Sperz, and have the far tougher run in for the rest of the season.

Frankly, I don't see Arsenal being able to do it. Too many things has to happen. Arsenal would need a 2002-esque run going into May. Chelsea and Man Yoo would need to drop a lot of points.

If the improbable were to happen, neutrals would deem us unworthy because we are clearly not as good Chelsea and Man Yoo head to head. However, over 38 games, anyone who has the best record deserves it. No questions.

I still think Citeh will get the 4th spot and Liverpool will be out.

I agree that Arsenal are very unlikely to win the league. Man U and Chelsea will drop points but then so will Arsenal. We might get closer but not close enough.

Anyway how can any club be expected to win anything without a couple of decent strikers and currently Arsenal don't have any!

Archived