2009/2010 season

sayjann

When the last substitute was inserted (in extra time) I was thinking why waste the time? Then the announcer said it was probably so that the ref would have to add an additional 30 seconds - so it really did make sense and a good call by SAF.

I'm sure Michael Owen is still buzzing too - good for him.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure Liverpool are our big rivals, past present and future.

This year the derby had that bit of extra spice due to the mouthing off by Tevez, Hughes etc.

The new petro dollars, the huge Tevez billboard and the deluded Citeh fans didn't help either.

Don't think I've looked forward to a derby as much as this one for a long time.

Red bragging rights in Manchester today.(or business as usual, take your pick)

....Citeh fans and all ABU's will be moaning about the extra 2 minutes added but who gives a feck. :wanker: ....

I'm sure they will.

So what was the justification for 7 minutes extra time instead of the 4 minutes that was intimated at the end of regular time? :hmmm:

Yes, there was a substitution, that's 30 seconds.

....Citeh fans and all ABU's will be moaning about the extra 2 minutes added but who gives a feck. :wanker: ....

I'm sure they will.

So what was the justification for 7 minutes extra time instead of the 4 minutes that was intimated at the end of regular time? :hmmm:

Yes' date=' there was a substitution, that's 30 seconds. [/quote']

From re-winding the Match, Craig Bellamy scored City's 3rd on 89:55. The game does not restart until 91:01. One minute and six seconds have been wasted and will be added onto the original four minutes of added time, taking it to at least 95:06. Michael Carrick was brought on to replace Anderson. All substitutions add 30 seconds onto added time, taking it to 95: 36

Owen scored the winner on 95:28, meaning the game was still 8 seconds within added time.

From re-winding the Match, Craig Bellamy scored City's 3rd on 89:55. The game does not restart until 91:01. One minute and six seconds have been wasted and will be added onto the original four minutes of added time, taking it to at least 95:06. Michael Carrick was brought on to replace Anderson. All substitutions add 30 seconds onto added time, taking it to 95: 36

Owen scored the winner on 95:28, meaning the game was still 8 seconds within added time.

Seems plausible. :hmmm:

Archived