Stickman

checkbin

As for Stickman's view: I don't quite buy it. I don't think Thais are really upset that prostitution exists. I think they're upset that a farang oriented version of it exists and that it's not more discreet (as theirs is). I mean, the worst thing about prostitution isn't how unseemly it looks, it's that there are sex slaves in some places. Is there any outcry against that in Thailand? No. They're upset about lower Sukhumvit. They don't care about bondage slavery at all. Has anyone ever seen an editorial piece written by a Thai that shows outrage at sex slavery in Thai brothels? I've always had the strong impression that the Thai irritation with prostitution is much more connected to racist attitudes than to humanitarianism.

Agreed, the Thai industry dwarfs the farang one, which Stick is fully aware of.....

The farang stuff is very in your face, but then I'm of the opinion that all those monstrous, neon lit, palatial massage parlours along Petchaburi and Ratchada are hardly subtle...and they are Thai orientated.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: Should prostitution be legalized?

Camille Paglia (PhD, Professor, Humanities and Media Studies, University of the Arts, Philadelphia -- and a contributing writer to Salon):

"Feminists like to quote these absolutely specious statistics, a typical trick of the feminist movement of the last twenty years. For example, they'll say the majority of prostitutes have been sexually abused as children. But there's no evidence for this! The most successful prostitutes are invisible, because the sign of a prostitute's success is her absolute blending with the environment. She's so shrewd, she never becomes visible. She never gets in trouble. She has command of her life, and her clients. The ones who get into the surveys have drug problems or psychological problems. They're the ones who were sexually abused. Feminists are using amateurs to condemn a whole profession. This is appalling!

I'm against the harassment of prostitutes. Unless they are actually interfering with people's movements, they have a perfect right to be doing what they're doing."

My own .02, whoever Stickman is he's entitled to his opinion, just... keep it off my wave.

First off...fuck feminists,most are closet lesbos, or at the very least have some daddy issue, or issue with men as a whole. Hell fuckin' yeah whoring should be legal. Why not? Whores have been abused? well what about punters? maybe we have issues as well. and taking away our whores will not solve them.

Let's go back a few thousands years and as the Bible says:

"It is better to cast your seed in the belly of a whore than to spill it on the ground." Gen. 38:8 or near here. (This is not to say that the Bible backs prostitution, but that it did exist at that time).

It seems that prostitution has always been with mankind.

Should it be made illegal? Most likely I would answer no, but would say that it should be licensed, regulated, like they do in the Netherlands and Germany, for example.

Will women be abused? most likely, as women are abused in some marriages, some workplaces, etc.

Just a basic defect in the human race :dunno:

Would I approve of my sister being a prostitute, no, but I come from a non-Thai culture so it is difficult to understand how some Thais can end their daughters/sisters off to be prostitutes.

I use Thailand as an example as that is what Stick wrote about and where I live.

I agree with what Stick wrote and would really have to go thru his column in detail to pull out thing(s) that I do not agree with.

WHores abused? women abused? so fuckin what? the men are exploited just as much if not more...if we didn't need sex, these women would not be able to exploit US and make a living...again, fuck the feminists...

Unfortunately true and very sad indeed . But instead of closing eyes facing a serious problem I did many times try to talk to the ladies to convince them going back work farm rice . In all cases unsuccessful and they did even charge a lot of money for talking . Some did take their clothes off , hell what is this country heading for . Could I report this somewhere ?

I hav'nt read Stick's column/site for years as I got fed up with the hypocrisy amongst other things. When he started to preach against the nightlife industry (Which would be something I've not problem with if it was a sincere opinion) but then still take money to advertise and promote nightlife/sex industry related businesses. And still plug bars etc on his site/column.

Simie.

Archived