Paki attacki the Glass Door

BadaBing

Furthermore,

The Suffix "Stan" means "Place Of" or "Land Of" so it makes sense that the people are Pakis, just as Afghans are not "Afghanistanis" and Tajik's are not "Tajikistani's", Uzbeks are not "Uzbekistani's", Kurds are not "Kurdistanis", etc etc, I could go on and on with the Khazaks, and the Wazirs, and Turkmens, etc etc

So far all of them follow the same set of rules but Paki"stanis"

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so.... am I the only one here who watched the video ????? Lighten up dudes...the thread name took me all of 13 seconds to come up with ( bout the same # as my IQ )

starting a race war aint on my life's agenda.. :deal:

the vid almost resembles the first time i " entered " Afterskool... :surprised:

How could I forget the Bogtrotters? :p

First time I met an Irish bar manager in Thailand, he bought me a beer and having a chat etc and rather than tell me his name he asked me to guess it. Now having worked with many Irish Engineers on and off over the years I guessed names that were familiar to me.

Aiden .... NO

Seamus .... NO

Paidrig .... NO

Noel ..... NO

Sean ..... NO

Patrick .... NO (Polite Paggy)

Declan ...., NO

and so on until I gave up

He then said "Its MICK, and I am a proud MICK, we have been good friends ever since.

Many words in the English language have subtle (and not so subtle) hidden meanings. The denotation of a word is its dictionary definition; the connotation is its emotive/implied meaning.

e.g.

slim = of narrow proportion.. and it looks good (positive connotation)

thin = of narrow proportion (neutral denotation)

skinny = of narrow proportion… and it looks bad (negative connotation)

Sometimes, even the very same word can have both positive and negative connotations depending on its context and the implied meaning of the user.

We were in doubt at all what Richardson meant when he opened the Aussie dressing room door to a complaining Douglas Jardine in the “Bodyline†film, and turns to his mates saying, “Which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard?â€Â

To my ear the connotations of these nationalities are:

Kiwi – positive

Yank – negative

Pommie – can be both positive and negative depending on context

Krout – negative

Frog – negative

Wop – negative

Paki – negative, probably a leftover from the context of Paki bashing in the 70s

So, BadaBing, either you’ve led a very sheltered life, or you are being disingenuous when you claim innocent usage of the term.

Apparently such diverse readers as those of the News of the World, Daily Telegraph, and the Independent were well aware of its derogatory meaning when Prince Harry referred to his “little Paki friend†in 2009.

www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/.../Watch-Prince-Harrys-racist-outbursts-on-video.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-harry-called-a-fellow-soldier-his-little-paki-friend-1299804.html

www.telegraph.co.uk/.../Prince-Harry-Paki-row-Prince-facing-Army-discipline-over-sickening-comments.html

To a Pakistani it’s as bad as using the n.. word to an African American.

So now you know, if you didn’t previously.

:beer:

Archived