Paki attacki the Glass Door

BadaBing

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robaus, I did not claim to be a "native Thai speaker". You resorted to being facetious because you don't have a valid point. You may not be aware that some Thais find the word "farang" to be slightly insulting so I will educate you: I and other members of the board know Thais who believe that. One board member is even married to a Thai who believe it. Do a search.

You stated "farang" is only racist if a Thai intends it to be so, whereas if we use the word "Paki" without intending to insult, then we are racists. Double standards. Or maybe you don't understand the definition of racism because you are a rabid zealot on a witch hunt for racists where there may not be any.

Racism dictionary definition:

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Munchmaster,

>>To arrive at the word Paki you drop the letters 'stan' and no other letters are added whereas with Chink you drop the 'a' and add a 'k', which is a totally different scenario, don't you think.

.. for fuck's sake, can you just look at yourself, and see the incredibly pathetic linguistic acrobatics you're stooping to to deny the simple fact that “Paki†as you well know is a racist slur. Better to say nothing at all. I used to give some credence to your posts. What an intellectual lightweight you really are.

I just enjoy winding you up and it's sooooo easy to do. :stirthepo

PS I doubt I've ever posted anything intellectual before so I can't think what posts of mine you might have given credence to? :dunno:

Spiceman,

From what you tell me above, Thais, are fully aware that “farang†is a racist slur, so when a Thai uses it they are being racists.

If you use the word "Paki" even though you now know that it’s insulting, then you are being a racist too. You can’t play schizophrenic mind games with yourself, saying “Yes, I know the word is offensive, but I’m not intending it to be.â€Â

The Aussie entertainer Bert Newton once innocently referred to Mohammed Ali as a “boy†no insult intended.

He immediately apologized when he realized how offensive the word was to an African American. If Bert had continued to use it, he would have been intending to insult Ali.

Perhaps in the past you innocently referred to Pakistanis as Pakis.

You now know that the term Paki is offensive. If you continue to use it, you are intending to insult, and are therefore a racist.

>>You are a rabid zealot on a witch hunt for racists.

.. Fucking oath, I am mate. I find racism disgusting and archaic, and it belongs in the trashcan of history along with feeding Christians to the lions, slavery, and hanging children for stealing a loaf of bread…. all once acceptable practices.

If you publish racist comments on a public forum, don’t expect to get away with it with impunity. I’ll name and shame wherever I can.

:beer:

Mekong,

I have an MA in Classics, and could actually explain to you the etymology of “etymologyâ€Â.

… so, according to your argument, if you call an African American a “nigger†it’s the African American’s fault (not yours) for taking offense, because he deemed the word to be offensive, not you. Strange logic indeed.

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

The old "I have a Masters in.... so I must know more about the subject than you" line, typical defense from someone who has lost the argument.

I know I am begining to sound like a broken record but across all the STANS the etymology applied to describe the Nationals of each Nation is to drop the suffix STANwith the exception of Pakistan and they Claim the word Paki is racist. Why is it differant for them.

Using the analogy of Nigger for African American realy shows you are loosing your grip on this debate, there is no relationship between the descriptions. Now if I was to have referred to Paki's as "Raghead, Goat Shagging Muslim Extremists" that would be an insult akin to Nigger.

When you have dug yourself into a hole stop digging.

Many words in the English language have subtle (and not so subtle) hidden meanings.

-snip-

Paki – negative, probably a leftover from the context of Paki bashing in the 70s

So, BadaBing, either you’ve led a very sheltered life, or you are being disingenuous when you claim innocent usage of the term.

Apparently such diverse readers as those of the News of the World, Daily Telegraph, and the Independent were well aware of its derogatory meaning when Prince Harry referred to his “little Paki friend†in 2009.

www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/.../Watch-Prince-Harrys-racist-outbursts-on-video.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-harry-called-a-fellow-soldier-his-little-paki-friend-1299804.html

www.telegraph.co.uk/.../Prince-Harry-Paki-row-Prince-facing-Army-discipline-over-sickening-comments.html

To a Pakistani it’s as bad as using the n.. word to an African American.

So now you know, if you didn’t previously.

:beer:

EXACTLY...which is why I suggested that the passive aggressive poster (can't remember the bitches' moniker) who claimed it was "non-racist" go and speak it to a group of Pakistani males in a Pakistani neighborhood...which he was clearly NOT willing to do, because doing so would get the fucking SHIT beaten out of him, because it's perceived by Pakistanis to be racist...which is ALL that matters.

If the minority that the term is directed towards (and HELLO, "Brits" are NOT a minority, they are an EMPOWERED majority!!!), then it's racist, pure and simple...so DON'T USE IT, or risk being branded by rational folk as the racist asshole that you are...as such, you have NO rights...so be good, and do what's right. and you won't be fucked with.

Yes - you've been out with me.

Seriously, we have this ALL WRONG, the debate is wrong, you mutts have it backwards.

NOTHING wrong with Paki, it's part of a word that's shortened,

The real crime here is "Attacki"

This word DOES NOT EXIST, it's offensive, and disgusting, and I demand the removal post hasti

Archived