Ubangi lipped

Flat nose

Tap dancin'

Resident of Harlem

And president of

The United States of Love

I said President of

The United States of Love

(and for dinner at the White House you're going to feed him:)

Watermelon

Hominy grits

An' shortnin' bread

Alligator ribs

Some pig tails

Some black eyed peas

Some chili

Some collard greens

And if you don't watch out

This boogie man will get you

Booooooooo!

So you say.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
>>Chink wasn't in your list.

...so?

To arrive at the word Paki you drop the letters 'stan' and no other letters are added whereas with Chink you drop the 'a' and add a 'k', which is a totally different scenario, don't you think. :hmmm:

Answer the question, do you find the abbreviation Chink racist also?

No I think it's fine, but then I'm not a big fan of the Chinese and their increasingly successful attempts to rid the world of it's wildlife.

PS I won't take offense if they call me Jock. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Spiceman,

>>Just out of interest, robaus, do you object to Thais using the word "farang"?

If the Thai user just means "foreigner", no worries.

If the Thai user implies an insult, then it is an insult.

So its OK for Thais to use the word "farang" if they're not intending to insult, even though the word has some negative connotations. But its not OK for me to use "Paki" if I don't intend to insult. Seems like you are radiating double standards.

If I could make it to Thailand more often they could call me farang all they like.

If thats the only problem you'd have in Thailand then why worry.

When they speak in Thai I find its the only way you know they're talking about you when you hear the word farang in the middle of a sentence.

Its a little bit off putting (and I object) if 'she' shouts out in the middle of good session YES FARANG YES FARANG - she could have at least remembered my name.

LazyPhil,

Thanks for your usual erudite contribution... nothing new there then.

:beer:

Mekong,

>>I think the word you were looking for is etymology not etymolgy (don't claim typo since you typed it twice), maybe you should learn how to spell big words before trying to use them.

…Oh my Buddha, this really is puerile desperado nonsense, and reflects very badly on you. You run out of arguments, so you resort to pointing out typos.

I have an MA in Classics, and could actually explain to you the etymology of “etymologyâ€Â.

BTW, there are 8 grammatical, punctuation, and spelling mistakes in your last post alone. I could tell you what they are, but (1) According to protocol we don’t usually stoop so low on this forum (2) Ignorance seems to be bliss to you.

>>You are the one trying manipulate etymology to support your own week argument, as I said just because the the people from "The Land of Pakis" deem Paki to be offensive does not make it so yet you buy into this bullshit. [sic]

… so, according to your argument, if you call an African American a “nigger†it’s the African American’s fault (not yours) for taking offense, because he deemed the word to be offensive, not you. Strange logic indeed.

>> I know that if I was to call the Khazakh's I have previously worked with "Khazakhstani's" they would be pissed off at me.

… yes indeed they would, and why would they take offense? I’ll tell you why! Because they don’t like being called Khazakhstanis.

So, Pakistanis don’t like being called Pakis, because of negative connotations arising in the last 40 years. Therefore why not respect their wishes equally?

What is it that seems inexorably to drive your determination for some sort of linguistic uniformity?

I’ll tell you what… you’re a fucking racist! Your pretense about linguistic uniformity and logic is an utter bullshit red herring. You actually enjoy calling Pakistanis … Pakis and all the emotive negative baggage that goes with that word.

Face it .. you and your scumbag apologist mates are racists.

Spiceman,

>> even though the word has some negative connotations.

.. As a native Thai speaker (of which you appear to have full knowledge), please tell me what are the negative connotations of the word "farang" to a Thai user.

>> Seems like you are radiating double standards.

.. not at all. You miss the point. IF "farang" is insulting (which btw you haven't explained its negative connotations in the mind of a Thai user yet) and the user intends it to be insulting, then the user is a racist.... no doubt about it… no double standards there.

Badabing, Mekong, Lazyphil, Munchmaster, Flashermac and now you yourself Spiceman as a racist apologist, are fully aware that the word Paki is a racist slur, is offensive to Pakistanis, is offensive to the majority of the readership of British newspapers (see links above). Amidst such overwhelming public opinion, yours and your fellow racists' feigned denial and innocence is wearing a bit thin and incredible.

Therefore if you and the rest of your racist scumbag mates persist in using the word Paki, knowing full well that it is an insulting term... I've just spent 2 fucking days explaining [with links] to you Neanderthals that it is so, so don't feign ignorance now.. then it is obvious that you are racists. At least Lazyphil had the good grace a few threads ago to admit that he was racist. The rest of you seem to be in some state of self denial... or perhaps that's merely denial for face saving public consumption. Look at yourselves in the mirror, if you like to use the word Paki, knowing it's hurtful, then you're racists.

Munchmaster,

>>To arrive at the word Paki you drop the letters 'stan' and no other letters are added whereas with Chink you drop the 'a' and add a 'k', which is a totally different scenario, don't you think.

.. for fuck's sake, can you just look at yourself, and see the incredibly pathetic linguistic acrobatics you're stooping to to deny the simple fact that “Paki†as you well know is a racist slur. Better to say nothing at all. I used to give some credence to your posts. What an intellectual lightweight you really are.

Bert Newton, a sort of Jay Leno of Australian TV, once quite innocently said of his co-presenter Mohammad Ali “I like the boyâ€Â. Ali looked daggers at him. Newton realized his inadvertent insult and apologized later.

Badabing, Mekong, Lazyphil, Spiceman, Munchmaster, Flashermac know 100% that the word “Paki†is a racist slur, but are hiding behind all sorts of incredible excuses to deny the fact. Fascinating but weird.

“Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard [Hitler], the bitch that bore him is in heat again.†(Bertolt Brecht,)

:beer:

Archived