Paki attacki the Glass Door

BadaBing

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spiceman,

>>Just out of interest, robaus, do you object to Thais using the word "farang"?

That's a good example.

What does the word mean to the user

My knowledge of Thai connotations as spoken by a native is limited. Perhaps you blokes with a Thai missus can enlighten me.

If to most Thais the word "farang" has insulting negative connotations and implies ... foreign devil, eejit, piss off wog, then of course they are insulting me when they use it, and I think less of the ignorant racist Thais who use the term. React as you will. Up2u. One can't save the world from bigotry. But I can recognise and criticize racism when I see it amongst my fellow English speakers.

If the Thai user just means "foreigner", no worries.

If the Thai user implies an insult, then it is an insult.

In the present case, the racists Badabing, Munchmaster, Lazyphil and Mekong know full well that the word Paki is an insult.. even though they protest that in the depth of the cave they've been living in, global usage of the word hasn't reached them yet.

:beer:

Robaus.

You have still not countered my argument, until you do how the fuck can you label me racist.

The reason you have not answered is because you can't, so rather than have a debate you just ignore the facts and continue tossing about unsubstantiated statements, Just like an Ostrich head buried in the sand.

Yeah 22 years living in Asia and married to a Thai makes me your typical racist doesn;t it!

IGNORANT MORON!

Mekong,

I have answered your post ... read "subscribing to the phony theory that Paki is an appropriate term because it is an abbreviation despite the fact that it is loaded with racist connotations."

I'm not disputing the logical etymolgy. I am asking you why however logically derived the word Paki may be, you persist in using it when you know its commonly understood usage is insulting.

It's not how the word was derived, it's what the word "means" to the user and the listener.

The fact that you hide behind etymolgy to disguise your racism is downright weird and self delusional.

You're like the kid who says "Thanks" in a sarcastic tone, then asks whatdidIdo?

In a few threads back Lazyphil himself admitted he had decided to become the village idiot, the gadfly that irritates with a few silly comments then fucks off.... mainly because he can't do much else.

Give me a fucking chance to reply. Aussie stock market is open and I'm busy working.

Anyone who uses the word Paki knowing it's an insult is a racist. No excuses. If someone used a derogatory term to describe a Thai, would you call him a racist?

Look into your heart. The ancient Greeks said "Know thyself".

Mekong,

I have answered your post ... read "subscribing to the phony theory that Paki is an appropriate term because it is an abbreviation despite the fact that it is loaded with racist connotations."

I'm not disputing the logical etymolgy. I am asking you why however logically derived the word Paki may be, you persist in using it when you know its commonly understood usage is insulting.

It's not how the word was derived, it's what the word "means" to the user and the listener.

The fact that you hide behind etymolgy to disguise your racism is downright weird and self delusional.

I think the word you were looking for is etymology not etymolgy (don't claim typo since you typed it twice), maybe you should learn how to spell big words before trying to use them.

You are the one trying manipulate etymology to support your own week argument, as I said just because the the people from "The Land of Pakis" deem Paki to be offensive does not make it so yet you buy into this bullshit. I know that if I was to call the Khazakh's I have previously worked with "Khazakhstani's" they would be pissed off at me. As previously stated people from Pakistan are the only ones who use "stan" in the word to describe nationality thus changing the rules/

By your argument I am not English but EngLANDish, people from the emerald isle are not Irish but IreLANDish and the skirt wearing haggis chasers north of the border are not Scottish but ScotLANDish.

Guest lazyphil

dont through your smarties out of your pram. you seem to think you feel it. the pain of the children, the world. and i, we, them dont get it. grow up.

Archived