US 'kill team' in Afghanistan posed for photos of murdered civili

Flashermac

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<<

Dirty work needs to be done, and I guess the military must find those people who will do it with least mental anguish. I think war is a good place for sociopaths as long as they direct their sickness toward the enemy.

Correct me if I am wrong but these "kill squads" are selected for their unique personalities? I remember the Abu Graib incident and those kids just seemed to be let loose. Perhaps the command knows exactly what they are doing.>>

That seems to sum it up,

So, are the "kill squad" people sociopaths?

I'd suggest yes, as I would also suggest in war gloves are off.

Correct me if I am wrong but these "kill squads" are selected for their unique personalities? I remember the Abu Graib incident and those kids just seemed to be let loose. Perhaps the command knows exactly what they are doing.

You are pretty wrong. These people are not "selected" they are "self appointed." I.e., they are not assigned. They are just a group of sick people that seem to find each other from time to time and do bad things.

Think of snipers, USMC has some of the best and they have to be able to watch as they blow someone's head off. And you know how we pick them? Who's the best shot!

They are just a group of sick people that seem to find each other from time to time and do bad things.

I hear what you are saying but that was kind of my point. Is it just coincidence they find themselves in the same unit or something a little more calculated?

Snipers I agree are there because of their skills but do they go then and have a photo taken with a headless corpse?

I hear what you are saying but that was kind of my point. Is it just coincidence they find themselves in the same unit or something a little more calculated?

It is just random chance. But it does seem that through out history, like minded people always find each other.

I true, sanctioned, "black on black 'kill team'" you would never hear about, are very professional, nor would - are - they that sloppy.

Looks like some of them are pleading guilty.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/23/soldier-pleads-guilty-murders-3-afghans/

JOINT BASE LEWIS-MCCHORD, WASH. – A 22-year-old U.S. soldier pleaded guilty Wednesday to the murders of three Afghan civilians, telling a military judge "the plan was to kill people" in his coordinated conspiracy with four fellow soldiers.

They are just a group of sick people that seem to find each other from time to time and do bad things.

Snipers I agree are there because of their skills but do they go then and have a photo taken with a headless corpse?

I use to go to this one place. I noticed one guy would come in but very rarely ever talked to anybody. One day he talked to me. After that initial contact, almost every time he would come in we would talk.

It turned out he was in VietNam and was involved with interrogation. His 'stories' were always the same so I suspect what he was saying may have been all truthful.

What he claimed is they tortured civilians and when they got done with them, they killed them.

During the VietNam war, a lot of people back home saw nothing wrong with killing civilians. So I guess when a person had the opportunity to kill a civilian, there wasn't much in the way to stop them. Some claim as many as 2 millions were killed during the Vietnam war. I suspect a fair share of them were killed by USA soldiers.

I use to go to this one place. I noticed one guy would come in but very rarely ever talked to anybody. One day he talked to me. After that initial contact, almost every time he would come in we would talk.

It turned out he was in VietNam and was involved with interrogation. His 'stories' were always the same so I suspect what he was saying may have been all truthful.

You think someone that does/did that would just talk about it to a random guy about it they met in a bar?

Archived