America Has Definitekly Become Bizzaro-Land

StoneSoup

" Where is the alleged "USA Thread rule" it's a new one to me "

I think this rule only applies to me, but due to a complaint by a board member that I have now deleted. A thread of mine that referenced Guantanamo Bay was immediately closed to appease him.

• 2 weeks later...

Flash

You are deploying "Double Jeopardy" Booze and Cars, for a moment I considered you wiser than to follow such an argument.

In risk analysis (yes I am a sad cunt whom analyses risk) Double Jeopardy is a No No, assuming the alcohol purchaser will drive an automobile or assuming the driver of said automobile has not only purchased alcohol but also consumed it is level 18 on a 1 - 10 probability scale.

I have never been an advocate of gun ownership, If I call someone a cunt they give me a slap, busted nose or black eye, far better than lead poisoning , and I do call people out on a daily basis.

I have 5 pistols, 1 shotgun, and 5 rifles in my bedroom - ranging in age from 1862 to fairly modern. (I had 2 fine deringers from the 1850s, but the effing thief got them some years back in a household burglary of my parents' home - along with all the gold and diamonds he could find, plus some very valuable Purblo Indian jewellery I'd bought as an investment.) I haven't fired at anyone since I left South Vietnam in 1970, though I certainly drink often enough. Does the Double Jeopardy argument hold for that too?

I did have to undergo a police check to purchase the moden ones I bought, and I even had a permit to carry for a year or two. (Never did though, just wanted to have it.) What needs to be done is to add a psych test to the background check. By all accounts, the killers in the most recent shootings have been known as oddballs and nutters, the very type that should be denied the right to purchase firearms.

That would only guarantee they know who to shoot straight. The Constitution protects the right to keep and bear arms. However, it doesn't specify what type of arms. (The militia in the past carried rifles or muskets, originally single shot.) I don't feel very comfortable seeing people carrying AK47s or AR15s, especially when they have no miltary background, We couldn't bring them back from Vietnam, so why can civilians buy them easily in many States?

I still think the shrink is the best option - and the most likely to have a chance of passing.