What really buggers you in LOS?

limbo

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says khunsanuk:

One of my colleagues was standing still on his bike waiting to make a U-turn. A car hit him in the back. When the driver got out of his car, he fell out, he was so drunk that he could hardly walk.

He was lucky. One of the G/Fs relatives was riding pilion with a falang in Pattaya the other week. A pick-up hit them from the back, she flew over the front of the bike and is no longer with us. Falang in intensive care.

Taffic sense in Thailand is disatorous........ Tuffty the squirel had more idea of road education.

I know what doesn't bugger me. The katoeys.

But what does get to me is the money.

1. A large wad of cash really looks like a large wad of cash when all you can get is 1000 baht notes.

2. Every vendor, stall, shop, wants you to give them smaller bills. I usually run out of usable currency before I run out of money. It is at the worst when with my GF. If the bill somewhere is 600 baht, I pay with a 1000. She sees I have correct change and tells me to pay with that. At that point the cashier ain't gonna take the 1000. Next stop is a Wat. Can't buy candles/incense/flowers...Cause all I got left is 1000s!!! On the way home need some noodles or som tam. But NO! Cause all I got left is 1000s and GF gave all her change at the Wat!!! Now she understands why I don't give up all my small bills FOR ABOUT 1 DAY! At the market tomorrow we will repeat the process. The only person not asking for smaller bills is the begger. :onfire:

Not being able to walk down a pavement 'cos there's a load of unlicenced food or fake goods sellers set up stall on it and especially when some fat arsed tourist farang is dawdling along looking at every bloody stall.

You can spot the farangs that have lived in LOS a while, they walk in the road.

But then, I'd rather be in LOS than in Farangland.

Hi Limbo

I have a small complaint, if you would please do something about it? ::

Why oh why must they place the public phones no more than 2 feet away from the most heavily trafficked intersection they can possibly find?

The bulk of the money I spend on public phones seems to be spent on saying: "Whaaat? Come again. Sorry I can`t hear you. Oh, wrong number?. Sorry!"

Cheers

Hua Nguu

What bothers me most is that Thais think that all falangs have money to burn.

A pet peeve of mine is when at gogo bars in how the change is brought back. You buy a 95B coke with a 500B note. Should get back 4 ones and a 5B coin. Nope, get back three ones, a bunch a 20s and a bunch of coins. It is such a greedy move on their part in trying to nickel and dime us to death thinking that falangs are too lazy or arrogant to care about any money that is not paper.

The problem is that falangs (especially tourists) ARE....so ownership (probably mix of thai and falang) continues to do this practice.

Also, I am not too happy about the 10% service charge applied to many things in which there is no good/excellent service delievered at all. Thais really don't understand what is meant by westerrn service and expectations that go along with it. Just another way to screw the customer and get more money out of them without providing any added value. Unethical business practices in my book........

cardinalblue

They were just trying to allow you the option not to be a "cheapcharlie" and "lose face". :grinyes:

No reason to give it to them. If all you tip is 5%.. so be it.

Just save the 20B notes to buy food for the elephant or give your ST girl cabfare. :grinyes: :grinyes:

Archived