What really buggers you in LOS?

limbo

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree with you on this KS.

What really bugs me in Thailand is when you park your car on an empty stretch of road within minutes a couple of motorbikes, or sometimes cars, arrive and park as close as they possibly can to you, one at the back and one at the front thereby making sure it is impossible for you to move. Meanwhile the rest of the road remains deserted. I have even had them park right up against the doors so you cant open them. :banghead:

Yes, Thais can be slow thinkers but overall a nice bunch and all... but what really bugs me is that after all these years in los they still get away with overcharging me, no matter how hard I try to avoid it :banghead:

heres a couple more ( generalisations I know but....)

why do they spend 20 minutes at an atm machine when it takes me 1 minute to get cash out ?

why do they stand right in front the bus exit / skytrain exit and then wonder why no one is coming off and they cant get on ?

when I leave a couple of inches space in a queue to get on a bus or skytrain and a thai pushes in front as though I am not there ?

uneven pavements or none ( especially on Silom near Patpong and Suk sois 7-15 in the evening )

having to look 4 ways before crossing a pavement ( 6 ways for a road )

:banghead: :onfire:

another one I just remembered

when kids are playing games they have to shout so they can be heard above the sound effects, then they can hear the sounds effects so they turn the volume up, then they cant hear each other so they shout etc etc etc

A strange example was the icafe in Pantip - not the free one - on the ground floor. All the pcs have headphones so no external sound comes out. I am there with maybe 15 others ( mostly thai ) playing games and surfing. Two boys beside each other are shouting at the top of their voices to each other - they are shouting because they are wearing headphones !

Everyone else is looking at them, making comments to the cashier but nothing is done. sigh. I ended up putting my headphones on just to shut them out. :rolleyes:

Odd, my experience is the exact opposite.

-----------------------

indeed, I believe you, which makes for a rich country with more than one set of behaviours. Likewise with farangs, a good many of us hardly experience thais as absolutely greedy for the extra baht. Some do, most likely..... I certainly would be very careful to do business or invest with a thai, as far as larger sums are concerned. As far as waitresses go, I can tell I have seen thais tipping them very well, and I myself am happy to leave a tip at least 5% of the bill. If I do not have small change, I will leave a 20 baht bill. AS I said, I used to be a waiter, and I know that tips can add up a lot to one's salary.

WHich Thailand are you living in??

------------------------------------

not yours, I am happy to say so :: :: ::.

As far as calling me stupid because I cite one example that happened just yesterday, I will be glad if you explain to me how it was meant to be the only instance of tipping i had witnessed, still a proof of a whole nation tipping.

If you've never seen thais spend without counting (ie. not supervising their bill), esp. as their friends/guests are around, May I express my surprise?

My experience is the Thais carefully look over the bill at restaurants. And are not hesitant to question a charge.

-------------------------------------------

OK, I will defer to the majority on this, but doesn't it make the point that we should not think overcharging "errors" happen on everyone's clock, thai or farang?

The worse overcharging I've ever been victim (a kicking one, but still...annoying!) happened on a daily basis in Italy. Thais are children compared to the italians cunningness, IMO.

Archived