Party in Angelwitch on Feb 15th

khunsanuk

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

It went reasonable well. The place was packed, although mostly with non-board members (at least as far as I could tell).

Did run into Itsmedave, eyebee, CosmicSurfer, Flashermac and a bunch of Nanapong guys. Also met TopCat and CDN in Cathouse before the party.

Matt had taken the opportunity to turn the party into something much more interesting than I could have (which was likely the reason the place was packed ;) ).

Anyway, around 10:30 during the first break of the show, Matt asked me to take over the microphone (which luckily meant me standing in the relative shadows of the DJ booth, rather than on stage :) ). I said a few (very few :) ) words and Nana presented Matt with the plaque for Best GoGo Bar in Bangkok, 2002.

Matt said some words of thanks and the shows continued.

All in all I had a pretty good evening.

Sanuk!

Sanuk!

I arrived late, just after 11:30pm, and just missed the departing KS. He said something about taking his hamster for a walk. :)

Anyway, the place was pretty crowded, as expected, and there were the usual hot AW dancers on-hand. I saw the plaque honoring Angelwitch as Nanaplaza.com 2002 Gogo Bar of the Year, and I was really baffled to see they had my photo on the plaque.

You see it had a mirror-finish, and, oh, never mind...

The place really got crowded suddenly and that was due to the arrival of Lord Toad who also instantly put the bar overweight according to Bangkok Safety Regulations. Sorry, LT, but that will teach you to stiff me for my restaurant reviews. :)

The Midnight Show was pretty damn good.

One board member, farangman, was brought on stage, and handcuffed (after some technical difficulties - I think the cuffs were leftover from an old Magnum PI show) to one of the poles and seated. Two ladies dressed in fine Corinthian S/M leather then proceeded to squirm and hop allover him prompting many guffaws from the crowd (actually the girls dropping his pants did this - nah, just kiddin', he kept his drawers on), and a big shit-eatin' grin on his face. ::

There were two other parts to this show that featured some naked ( ::) dancers and two dancers mixing cocktails. After mixing the libations, they inserted their fingers, you know where, used the fingers to stir the drinks, and then allowed ringside customers to sample the drinks AND their fingers.

Such creativity, eh?

They had some drawings for prizes, but I didn't win squat, and in a real shocker, Lord Toad won nothing too. Last time he won a month's membership at Phillip Wain Aerobics Club, but lost it on his way to Samui. (remember, never stiff a writer, LT!)

Anyway, we all enjoyed some nasty shooters and the AW dancers were especially revved up as the party wound down.

The action was too much for me, so I made a hasty retreat to the quiet and solitude of Thermae.

For those of you interested, Matt (and his wife, Pim), who deserves all the praise for this fine event will be leaving town for a couple of weeks and back the end of the month.

Er, did I mention that Lord Toad owes me money? :p

Says Sarisin:

I arrived late, just after 11:30pm, and just missed the departing KS. He said something about taking his hamster for a walk.
:)

I didn't see you there Sarisin - I was there with a delightful young lady (just to the left of the main door) until after the midnight show. How come you didn't see me? I guess you are not used to seeing me with a puying - as I never seem to get any!! Anyway you could't have made much of a splash (not like you, mate) ::

To give the devil his due, Trink once upon a time was a must read. But he is 71 now and looks it. (I know others that age who do not.) He is retired from the Post and just does this one weekly column. The current "powers that be" at the Post would love to get rid of him, but he is too much a symbol of old Bangkok for them to do so. Instead, they don't let him say much of anything about the nightlife -- plus no more bar girl pics. (In the old days, Trink would always sneak in a nipple or beaver shot or two.) He seems to be just going through the motions for a pay cheque now.

The Bangkok Post atmosphere has changed considerably over the years. It used to be a man's world. Now there are lots of liberated women type in the place -- and they'd love to hang Trink up by the goolies for just being there still.

Archived