Where is everyone ??

BadaBing

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then it would seem likely that it was us (although I did have plenty of problems with other sites as well).

This afternoon I also had problems with many other sites in spite of broadband internet access. Non of these sites were Thailand related.

"other sites were absolutely no problem."

Then it would seem likely that it was us (although I did have plenty of problems with other sites as well). I've already emailed Jigger and will let you know.

KS,

Yep, same here, all works fine, only Nana was/is problematic....... :( :(

Once you get all running again, have a look at the mail notifications again, ask jigger to set that up again as well, ok ?

Cheers !

Says khunsanuk:

Hi,

It seems that either the site, or possibly some parts of the Internet, have been extremely slow today. This started around 1pm and only just ended.

I spoke with a friend earlier who is 'in the know' when it comes to the Internet in Thailand and he confirmed that there seemed to be a local problem (i.e. Thailand) with the Internet.

I do not know if our servers were having problems as well, but I'll try to find out.

Sanuk!

This might have something to do with it.

********************************************************************************************

January 25, 2003

Internet Attack Disrupts Asia and Europe

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 9:52 a.m. ET

BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- A virus-like computer infection that disrupted Internet service in the United States quickly

spread through the world's digital networks early Saturday, disrupting computer networks in Asia and Europe.

Initial reports suggested that, outside the United States, the problems were most severe in technology-dependent areas of Asia. Users and news media reported outages or slowdowns in Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, the Philippines, South Korea and India.

In Finland, phone operator TeliaSonera said some of its customers reported difficulties connecting to servers using Microsoft's SQL outside of Finland and Sweden

In Thailand, domestic servers also were operating normally, but connections to international servers for some users ground to a halt around 12:30 p.m. EST, according to a technical support representative for Internet Thailand.

In Japan, NHK television reported that heavy traffic had swamped some of the country's Internet connections. A public university computer had been hit by more than 200,000 transmissions in one hour and security firms were looking into the incident, it said.

In South Korea, millions of Internet users were hampered when traffic-directing computers at Korea Telecom Freetel and SK Telecom failed to function.

The system was restored after several hours, but service remained slow, officials said.

Kim Chang-rae, a chief system engineer at KT Freetel, said excessive traffic caused one of KT's main domain servers to fail, forcing other servers to shut down in a chain reaction.

The failure affected busy weekend Internet banking and shopping traffic ahead of the Lunar New Year holiday a week away.

In Taiwan, a customer service operator at Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd -- one of the island's biggest Internet providers -- said its service ``experienced difficulties'' and that some customers weren't able to access the Web.

The official would not say how many customers were affected.

``We are in the middle of managing the situation, so we really can't talk about it now,'' he said.

In Malaysia, TimeDotCom, a privately owned Internet service provider, said it had received numerous complaints from customers of partial or no access to the Internet.

Internet users in New Delhi complained of service interruptions, but no problems were reported in India's software development centers of Hyderabad and Bangalore.

In the Philippines, one Internet service provider detected an increase in signals early Saturday that it said was an apparent attempt to cause congestion in the network. In response, the company temporarily shut down its dial-up service.

``We blocked those attempts. There were a lot of signals coming in from an outside source we could not identify,'' said Dan Rebueno, a technical operator at Sky Internet Inc. ``But currently we're up on a normal workload.''

Officials in the United States said the attack sought out vulnerable computers on the Internet using a known flaw in popular software from Microsoft Corp. called ``SQL Server.'' But the attacking software code was scanning for victim computers so randomly and so aggressively -- sending out thousands of probes each second -- that it overwhelmed many Internet data pipelines.

In May 2000, the so-called Love Bug virus, released in the Philippines, overwhelmed e-mail systems worldwide and caused tens of millions of dollars in damage. Prosecutors in the Philippines dismissed all charges against a man accused of releasing the virus because of a lack of applicable laws.

Finally was able to log on this afternoon. But I just tried to vote in the polls and got a message that only logged in users can vote. I am logged in!

New problem? :banghead:

"...Paranoid Men With Small Dicks Rule The World. Time For Women To Take Over.."

I agree about the paranoid men with small dicks, but never should we allow women to take over, this country and maybe the world is fucked up because of them and their desire to conquor men! Think paranoid men with small dicks are screwy? imagine a bunch of menapausal or PMSy bitches all trying to decide something...the few women leaders there have been, have been surrounded by men! Women should stay home and take care of their men and families!

Says Old Hippie:

"...Paranoid Men With Small Dicks Rule The World. Time For Women To Take Over.."

I agree about the paranoid men with small dicks, but never should we allow women to take over, this country and maybe the world is fucked up because of them and their desire to conquor men!

I thought the problem was the paranoid small dick men don't have the balls to tell them NO!(you see the women flatter the men and tell them how BIG they are!) :hubba:

Archived