Gonorrhea cure???

another possibility are zithromax and cifloxin; the first one dose of 1000mg and the second several tablets of 500 mg each. one is against gonorrhea, the other against chlamydia, which seem to be pretty close and without analysis (which takes a couple of days) the doctor can't diagnose it.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Augmentin is not the first choice for the treatment of gonorrhea.

The best recommendation in this thread has been "go and see a doctor".

That's more useful than recommending all kinds of more or less useful antibiotics without considering the patient's condition and without any diagnostic tests.

OH, this is not directed at you.

G in LOS is almost always the antibiotic resistant variety. Thus a very specific course is needed, including an injection to start.

G of the throat?? ... possible , but rarer that an freebie at a gogo. Someone doesn't know what someone is saying. That's why my 1st reply said... see a clinic.

OH, I know that you were a medic like me so all I can say to the well meaning crew is stop the RXs, none of them are even close to what is needed in LOS.

Everyone is well meaning, just not in the loop. The buddy has gone doing nothing. (probably a good thing) and who ever "can't" go to a clinic.......bullfeathers. Just "won't" or looking for a lot of sympathy (that is found between shit and syphillis in the dictionary)

:cussing::banghead::cussing:

Now anyone really have something?????

I have to agree here, playing around with antibiotics is dangerous! If the proper course is not taken, the virus etc will become resistant, and make treatment extreamely difficult. I remember reading an interview with an Army doctor where she said she had seen guys try to self treat, only to end up with very serious cases, that took severel months to cure. She noted one case of a woman with Gonorrhea that took almost a year to cure. I fail to see a reason why you, I or anyone can't see a doctor. I'll say it again, treating one's self with antibiotics is not safe!

Says Old Hippie:

treating one's self with antibiotics is not safe!

yes don't do it, we are all very naughty men who deserve a damn good thrashing with a wet shoe lace. :rolleyes: please forgive us for we know not what we do, we are but simple folk with simple means.

I don't understand why you feel an injection is needed to treat gonorrhea. There are many oral antibiotics that work fine for gonorrhea in Thailand such as cefixime. True, there is an increase in strains with some resistance to the fluoquinolones-last percentages I am aware of for Thailand were 22% decreased susceptibility and 1% resistant-but still the majority are sensitive to them. What I wonder about is how this individual came to the conclusion that he has pharyngeal gonorrhea.

Agreed. It is simply one regimen that has been effective against the fluoquinolone resistanr varieties. While you may be correct about the low incidence in general, some reports I've read suggest a higher incidence.

For more info for those interested CDC site is here

Just trying to stress the necessity for clinical diagnosis.

Archived