funny that the girls don't get it.

pattaya127

>>>You know, with CNN all 24 hours round, and in thai, <<<

never heard of CNN in thai, but ITV is a really good news program.

>>>not sure Fly finds CNN a source of sure knowledge though <<<

thanks for adding that. :hubba:

>>>It's just so damned hard to get them to talk about stuff interesting! <<<

depends, give it a try in thai. ::

also, it very much depends what is interesting for you. i can tell you from my own experience, that the topics in a german (and i guess that's the same with most places) workers cantine are not overly intellectually stimulating for someone who is not a worker.

as i can live without having to have constant literary discussions i think that i do have lots of interesting conversations here.

but again, language is an important thing. the better i speak thai, the more interesting the conversations become.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>It's just so damned hard to get them to talk about stuff interesting! <<<

I have this problem too. But with well educated (university degree) people here in Europe.

So I fully agree that 90% of the BGs are not interested in anything outside of her world. But 90% of well educated people in europe are not interested in anything outside of her world neither.

Best regards

the better i speak thai, the more interesting the conversations become.

--------------------------------

point well made. Actually, I am more interested in laerning about stuff intrinsecally thai, especially from old folks, and I wish i could talk with my GF's mom. 72, betel-chewing, old syle cropped hair, the works! And i mean no disrespect....

I asked my GF about Mae Pho Sop (rice goddess), showed the name in thai, she was clueless.

For sure, I'd love to learn more from the old folks, before they die.

One question for you: given your good thai, i am sure it's damned rewarding, but what you learn, isn't it more about the inner workings of thai society and individuals + social psychology, more than greek tragedy and where is Eritrea?

But 90% of well educated people in europe are not interested in anything outside of her world neither.

-----------------------------

funny then that they travel around the globe in throngs. I hardly know anyone in France, old, young, who has not been at least to Thailand. Numbers are out there, and if not another continent, think of Italy, Spain, Portugal and France, itself 30 million visitors a year (thais, i guess ::). Etc... just exploitative tourism and beachcombing, i guess :: again.

"girls here us it instead of "daam jai", which means correctly translated 'follow your heart'. which between the lines means that you should instinctively know what she wants, and if you don't then you will suffer for it."

So true!

Sanukboot.

Just so you all know, I live in Alaska and I can point out on a map where everything is in the world, including Yakutia, Nunavit Island and the Hebrides. I also have been to Niagara Falls, Angel Falls, Nuehausen am Rhinefall and Falls Church!

Sorry to hijack, au revoir, auf wiedersehn, poka, sayonara!

:bow:

>>>Just so you all know, I live in Alaska and I can point out on a map where everything is in the world, including Yakutia, Nunavit Island and the Hebrides. I also have been to Niagara Falls, Angel Falls, Nuehausen am Rhinefall and Falls Church!

Sorry to hijack, au revoir, auf wiedersehn, poka, sayonara!<<<

no wonder. what else can you do in the long winters there than studying the map and wishing you wpould be in a warmer place? well, apart from bedsports.

:hubba:

>>>One question for you: given your good thai, i am sure it's damned rewarding, but what you learn, isn't it more about the inner workings of thai society and individuals + social psychology, more than greek tragedy and where is Eritrea?<<<

definately true, esp. given the class of thais i mainly move around. i have though a friend who here who has been to more than 100 countries and whose hobbies are reading shakespeare in the original and philosophy. but with her i talk in english, talking with her my thai collapses very fast.

Archived