funny that the girls don't get it.

pattaya127

>>>Most latino immigrants, especially males do not have the contact with higher educated people, and certainly not whole days and weeks spent with such people. <<<

i might be wrong here, but the last time i was in pattaya, it was not really the choice of a holiday for the creme de la creme of the west's intelligentia... ;)

>>>But damn if it's not a great thing when you see one pulling out of the mud and become, as the preacher says, Somebody!

Is it so bad to wish it to a few more girls in thailand?<<<

i dunno, but the ones who do pull people out of the mud are people like father joe, not people who come here on a holiday to have sex and 'the girlfriend experience'...

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why do you explain yourself all the drugs? the scars on their arms where they cut themselfes?

------------------------------------------

hardly limited to Bgs, and you know it. I know myself a couple "GTGs" with slits on their arms. as for the drugs, no need to tell you it's reaching in every strat.

I resent you telling me about the emotional damage, because you very well know that I am one to bring it up when people talk about prostitution as just another choice, kind of "hey, i don't like my job too, dude..." statement.

I will not deny you know a lot of wrecks in the trade, but that is not the type of girls I know or meet, and usually avoid hard-living chicks like the pest. I hope that i am not surprising you if i tell you a lot do not slit their wrists, a lot do not do drugs, and they meet guys on their terms, meaning they do not have to string them one after the other. You live constantly in LOS, and maybe all married prostitutes in germany are still wrecks, I dunno, but by now, I know quite a few married ones in San Francisco where i still live, and thank you very much, they are not so damaged goods, far from it. You know about the village life, some of these girls, maybe yours, certainly mine, have tough skins, and they had it before they came to the big city. Do I see psychological problems, do i see bad habit forming? sure, but in the ones I know, nothing irreparable.

I also know the guys they go with, and again, maybe it's Pattaya, but not every guy is as bad as you say, far from it. they ususally spend more than a few hours together, rather weeks or months. Whatever problems are still raised in such situations have little to do with being a chain-fucking, drug addicted, feeling helpless/worthless whore.

I invite you to Pattaya to meet these people, guys or girls.

it just shows that in a country with enormous educational opportunities like in the states there are still a huge number of people who prefer not to take advantage of that systhem.

------------------------------

enough though, that there are no huge sex industry, promoted by the office of tourism, luring millions of girls over the last 40 years for lack of a better choice. Actually, making another choice hard, thru corruption and other niceties.

it means that when we state that the girls here 'don't get it' we are sitting in a glasshouse and throw with stones.

-----------------------------------------

hey, hey, the don't get it was not used in a general way. there are a lot of things they "get". I think you strayed away from my frist thread. i only said, and others confirmed, that many girls, some Gfs, think their guy screws around all year long, and need very little work to make money ("100 000 bahts, small for you!"). In context, please.....

i might be wrong here, but the last time i was in pattaya, it was not really the choice of a holiday for the creme de la creme of the west's intelligentia...

i dunno, but the ones who do pull people out of the mud are people like father joe, not people who come here on a holiday to have sex and 'the girlfriend experience'...

---------------------------

you have evidently a bia against guys who come to LOS and meet girls. You'd be surprised how many of our members are actually really sensitive guys, who do care for the girl they meet. I know you're laughing as i say that, because your mind is made up and it may cost you to question a few of your certitudes. but that's OK, you don't need to, just come to Pattaya, I still have a few friends around who don't quite fit your generalizations, and you'll be happy to meet them.

>>>In context, please.....<<<

yeah, that was your first post, here i cut and pasted a quote from your second post, that already goes a bit further... ;)

>>>There are only a few thais who would point out North America, and even if they know where it is, they could not care less to play the game of showing it to you, or wonder why it's so important to have knowledge. As much as i dig Thailand and thai life, i must say this is one of the most inwardly turned culture in the world, and ignorant as far as being curious (beyond TV news tidbits) about places beyond their own doorstep. Anyone who has taken girls (again, does not have to be rented wives) around Thailand will know what I am talking about: we simply are the guides, not them. But they'll spot a somtam stall faster than you say the word. eat, sleep, screw and watch TV, sums it up for the majority of them. Oops, i forgot reading cartoons.... <<<

so, i think i am still in context. :neener:

"not really. Most latino immigrants, especially males do not have the contact with higher educated people, and certainly not whole days and weeks spent with such people"

I fear we are getting off subject here but...

Latino immigrants is a very diversified group. Many of them do have a good education from their home country, and a strong interest to adjust to their new country. If you told an average Cuban immigrant that they are being compared to Thai hookers you better do that at a safe distance! The Cubans would also be offended by being put in the same group as immigrants from the Domanican republic, but thats another matter.

The other side is that some of the latino immigrants don't even learn English after coming to the US.

On average, I don't think you will find people with a strong interest to educate themself among prostitutes in any country. They live by seelling their body, not their intellect.

The exception can be in the poorest countries (not Thailand), where people with intellectual skills are driven to prostitution due to poverty.

I feel that you might be judging Thais based upon BG's, and also that you are offending lationo immigrants by comparing them to Thai BG's. Sorry if I got it wrong.

Cheers!

>>>I know you're laughing as i say that, because your mind is made up and it may cost you to question a few of your certitudes. but that's OK, you don't need to, just come to Pattaya, I still have a few friends around who don't quite fit your generalizations,<<<

have i ever said 'all' western males? i think i said 'mostly' and 'mainly'. the friends i have (and some do play around) i think are nice people also, but that doesn't mean that i close my eyes to what is going on around me. and some of the stories i get from some of the girls when they talk about some of their customers (the worse ones) are everything else than nice.

some of the members here from that board i do know, and there are many very nice people around, but i have met others who are everything else than nice, and i do know of some who present themselves as very nice blokes, but then i hear from the girls some not so nice things about them...

there are all sorts of people, and a scene like this here in thailand does attract some very strange and twisted ones.

you know, a guy who beats the shit out of a girl, rapes her, and then cheats her out of her money leaves a very lasting impression on a girl, especially when that happens again. that particular story is not that uncommon here, especially, against common believe, cops often are not automatically on the side of those girls. there are more than a few westerners around here in thailand who know that, and do abuse that knowledge.

no generalisations here from me, just a few realities.

so, i think i am still in context.

------------------------------------------

No! my opinion (strong, I admit) as you copied it has nothing with TGs not getting that the guys are actually undersexed, and often overworked. Last on the context subject.

By the way, i like thais a lot, they are just not a very well informed and curious bunch on stuff outside their own realm of things. But also their own artistic traditions. That's OK, it seems to work for them this way, and some of them are great individuals who manage to upkeep or re-create some of the old arts and crafts.

I will also not judge the new generation of students, in their teens and low twenties. maybe they're up to stuff better than the former generation. My friend teachers don't seem to think so, but they may have a limited view of it.

I feel that you might be judging Thais based upon BG's, and also that you are offending lationo immigrants by comparing them to Thai BG's.

----------------------------------

My title referred to the trade, yes, but the lack of curiosity, and knowledge (had one GTG insist that the first man on the moon was russian), no.

You know, with CNN all 24 hours round, and in thai, I may have to be a litttle more modest in my claims, it may have improved a lot in a few years (not sure Fly finds CNN a source of sure knowledge though :: ;) :: ;)).

It's just so damned hard to get them to talk about stuff interesting!

Actually, latinos would be more offended if I was to compare them to educated gringos, IME. They'd dig the Bgs if they could travel. Last, i do not compare them, neither physically, neither geographically, butjust as citizens of countries with highly corrupted and inefficient governments, with family values that help in some ways, and not in other ways.

Archived