Thai air food is killing me

Coss

BBill,

That?s only half the truth. Even if there is only one caterer available (usually there are two or more) that does not mean that they serve the same food to all airlines they cater for. Each airline gives their menu plan (depending on budget available) to the caterer and they use the ingredients and do prepare the food the way they?ve been asked for by their customer/airline. It can very well be that on the same routing, say BKK SYD two different airlines use the same caterer and serve very different food with different quality.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey well at least the food may have looked and sounded tempting.

I remember approx 8 years ago I got a special deal to bkk with Balkan airlines (I think they are now extinct) and wow what a pisser that was.

The food (on both legs of the journey) consisted of this foul stinking cheese and some kind of strange pork sausage (considering I am a butcher, I am fairly au fait with most types of meat - but not this one). Accompanied by warm beer or spirits (no ice or chiller on board). It was absolutely f***ing awful. Still it didnt make me ill. Purely because I couldn't bring myself to eat the stuff. Still there was a plus side to flying with them - you could smoke to your hearts content...

like I said I never had any troubles with getting my drinks & I do get terribly thirsty when 10km above sealevel, but the trick might be to get down there & get the exercise as opposed to calling them over.

I do seem to have some troubles lately with getting adequate snacks as one get drunk & hungry, but that's another minor detail :drunk::neener:

p.s. getting shags seems to be another recurring problem in 10km a.s.l :hubba: wonder if that's what the rave about eva de luxe(evergreen) class is all about :dunno:

Sorry jp,

the comment was just relying on recent chit chat between friends, also havent seen any of their planes or anything recently (I think the only reminder of them I have, is the sign above the international departures hall in BKK airport).

But glad to know that they are still up and running just dont expect me to come running to book another of their flights again ::.

Says coss:

Went NZ - stop in Brisbane - Bangkok.

Food had on the BSN - BKK leg made me spew, the fish was off.

Went Bangkok - Sydney - NZ

Food on the SYD - AKL leg gave me immediate projectile shits.

Now i've eaten all sorts of food in SEA and have a (normally) cast iron stomach.

I don't know why but this time it was the airline food that did me in. No more Thai airways for me.

:: :: ::

Ha, I new it!

You did taste the fish you caught in the Klongs of BKK. :: :D

Klong fishing

Says coss:

Went NZ - stop in Brisbane - Bangkok.

Food had on the BSN - BKK leg made me spew, the fish was off. :: :: ::

You probably won't be too interested----- but last week I noticed that Thai Air has a food center stand in the downstairs floor of Seri Center near Seacon Square. They were serving the boxed sandwiches and other stuff you get on flights.

Now you don't have to fly to enjoy the cuisine. ::

Archived