Lying Farang

Khun_Kong

NOTE TO ALL ( not directed at last poster )

While it is ok to get in the heat of arguments here, it is NOT ok to get personal, nor to get insulting.

Please do use members' correct board names and abtstain from sarcasm.

Without pointing fingers at anyone, as I respect everyones' view here, I think it best to keep acting as grownups.

Once a thread gets down to just 2 guys arguing back and forth, I will have to close it down, something that should not really happen in this fascinating subject with lots of interesting postings.

Thanks !

Cheers - BB - mod

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naiv.

Why do you think that everyone who pays for their services does contribute to their ills? It is the mistake of our society, of the moral of most people (people like you?) that prostitution is corrupting. But there may be people who can see the ills and try to cure them. Of course if you believe that sex for money is a ill per se than you have to forbid it. That is what most societies do. But it is this moral who claims to help these girls which contributes a lot to the ill. But if you think that sex for money is neutral (neither good, neither bad) then you will begin to think about the conditions which made prostitution in our societies a ill. And then you will begin to search for real solutions.

:::

I understand the argument about social conditioning. For instance many people of color have felt very bad about being black, just because of prejudice. However it?s not that clear that sexual matters are just as easy.

I have already stated that I think sex is neutral but for the consequences, but where we disagree I think is about the consequences.

I have come to think that in general selling sex has a great influence on people. When I talk about selling sex I also talk about the form we see mentioned on this BB, and the amount of sex they have.

That you can find exceptions does not matter.

I know the solution lies in better living conditions, education and social programs, but that does not mean that I should not take the consequences of what I now know.

I don?t think you are able to see if you are contributing or not, so I think one should not. Simple as that.

AF16, I honestly don't know what you meant by that post - but it stinks. Go and read your own words and think twice.

You told not to misunderstand the example, it does not hide the fact that this is too disgusting to even be written here.

If you had a daughter of 12 who had sex with a 30 yrs old guy, you would look at it different. She does not come out "fine".

I know it might be a minor and stupid point which you used for some purpose. But please use your brains next time you post :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Ok CBK, you are right. Done and sorry.

Ok to change the example but keep the meaning.

One can drive a car in 100 kmph in a 30 zone and it will be all right. It does not mean that it?s a good idea for people to actually do so.

Since in general it?s a bad idea, one abstain.

>It is the mistake of our society, of the moral of most people (people like you?) that prostitution is corrupting.

Corruption: (my own, simplified definition): disturbance of preset order or procedures.

Politicians, policemen, public servants...we know what it looks like when they are corrupt.

I don't see how a (Thai) prostitute can be corrupt or contributing to it. Near iliterrate bgs who have only their own body and hardly anything else.

What they do corrupt by elbowing their way out of poverty (mostly) is - disturbing the social order in which they were born (let's leave Western prostitution aside).

I understand that prostitution is not a honest job.

Guest lazyphil

Er ::, not honest yet not corrupt?...I don't follow this?....they sell *you* buy, whats dishonest...even in the western prostitution market..same same (although not my cuppa tea ::)

>Er , not honest yet not corrupt?...I don't follow this?....they sell *you* buy, whats dishonest...even in the western prostitution market..same same (although not my cuppa tea )

I just wanted to fend off potential replies like "would you want your daughter to be a prostitute".

Western prostitution market: they are mostly legalized as "sex workers", officially they have to pay tax...

When talking about Thai bgs, I wanted to stay out of that...

I have come to think that in general selling sex has a great influence on people. When I talk about selling sex I also talk about the form we see mentioned on this BB, and the amount of sex they have.

Concerning the amount of sex: I estimate that most bargirls don't have more than one customer per day. So she won't have more sex than a married women ::

Or do you want to say that having sex 2-4 times per day is bad?

About selling sex: the greatest influence it has is that the girls themselves believe that they are doing something absolutely disgusting, that they are bad girls. And this affects their selfesteem. But why do these girls believe that they are bad? Because the society tells them so.

I agree with you that in Thailand the working conditions of prostitutes aren't good. The girls are more or less forced by lack of other opportunities, poorness, low education, ...

But the solution isn't to forbid prostitution but to make the living conditions better.

but that does not mean that I should not take the consequences of what I now know.

So you don't p4p? Good! Do you pay for nothing? Even better!

So is paying for sex moraly bad? Hmm, depends on the prostitute! If she likes her job, why should it be bad? If she does it only for money you have 3 possibilities:

1) You pay for the sex

2) You don't pay

3) You pay and you don't have sex ::

What will you do? 2? But she needs the money for her living. Isn't it better that I nice customer like you who she might like pays for the sex?

I am waiting for a answer.

Best regards

Guest lazyphil

<<Western prostitution market: they are mostly legalized as "sex workers", officially they have to pay tax...>>

Point taken, tbg's dont pay tax, but we all know the huge volume of punters they bring in and what they spend outside bars...kind of a grey area..TIT :doah:

JJsushi,

You say that I "stereotype an entire group of people", just after doing the very same thing yourself in you previous post ("You remind me of a politican twisting and turning at every point and counterpoint till no one even knows what the point was to begin with.").

OK, I am a reasonable man. I understand that you were not referring to ALL politicans. Are you also reasonable? Did YOU understand that I was not referring to all Thai people?

Harlequin

Archived