What's your favourite cheese?

limbo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, apart from Lazyphil's "smegma" :o, the Venezualan beaver number :doah:, the one with worms in it :(, and the one made from human milk ;), I reckon they all sound just the job. :up:

That Japanese "Hokkaido cheese" that somebody mentioned is indeed hilarious: looks like a cheese, a small camembert, but is actually some kind of odourless, tasteless leathery rubber. I moved into a new apartment in Japan once and the study room had a pristine, highly polished wood-finish floor. The chair I sit on whilst working at my desk kept scraping and gouging scuffs on the the floor ::. At one point, scared of losing my "deposit" over these bloody floor-markings, I seriously thought about buying four "Hokkaido cheeses" and jamming one under each leg of the chair to limit the damage :). Luckily, my local DIY store turned out to stock little beige circular rubber "chair-leg cups" of varying dimensions (at a price of 58 yen per "cup") designed and fashioned specifically for that irksome scuff-stopping purpose, so I bought four, used them, and pensively, though without relish, ate the quartet of Hokkaido cheeses I'd purchased just in case. :rolleyes:

It was a close run thing for a while though. Next to the "Hokkaido cheeses", those 58 yen rubber "chair-leg cups" looked pretty damned tasty... ::

Oh, and one cheese nobody mentioned that I like is 'Boursin'. :p

But remember, kids, they're not desserts. :nono:

jack :help:

Hi!

I don't really have any favorite cheese but will promote some Scandinavian ones.

Greve' - Swdish, probably not known outside of Sweden.

Jarlsberg - Norwegian

Gamle Ole - Danish (number one :hug:)

The latter two probably better known.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi!

I don't know which cheese you are refering to. The only thing that crosses my mind is the Swedish cheese "Mesost" (ost is Swedish for cheese).

I happen to belong th the Swedish minority that doesn't like it so I havent tasted it since I was child. Also I'm not sure if i'ts made of goats milk but I suppose it could be.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived