3,500 Baht/month ?

My God...... what integrity it must take to live like that, knowing you could just lay on your back for a few hours a month, for the same pay. Gotta have a very deep respect for someone like that.

Gotta disagree here mate. Respect ? perhaps, if she is doing what she truly believes in.

Integrity.....only if your morality places prostitution on some "sinful" level. Met lots of hookers with more 'integrity', honesty and reality than most of the 'good' dreamy brained girls out there. But that's been my experience, not everyones.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My GF knows nothing about internet shops but states that even a poor restaurant job pays that much for less work. But then again, it doesn't come with a place to sleep.

GF laughs and says no can not be. Thinks she is joking with you.

I would believe it if she had an interest in the shop such as part owner. Otherwise I am doubtful.

Guest lazyphil

Well I doubt you will get the chance to find out the easy way out you perhaps infer of getting paid for getting laid... I have the feeling you dont fit the profile :neener:

Right on rmorris. But doubt she uses the aircon anyway (yen mak :down:) unless it's to keep the computers happy.

Yup, every bar person in Asia knows we are all rich. Our place ticket cost more than they earned last year, your hotel for a night is a weeks wages and every time you buy a drink for yourself a friend, you spent their days wages. :onfire:

Hi rmorris22,

This story really hit home with me, because I do believe it to be true. Never cought her in a lie, and believe me, I have tried.

>>>>>>Or the Farang that is so in tune with Thai Culture that he knows it is a no tipping society and never leaves a tip and will get pissed if it is apparent someone wants a tip.<<<<<

:: Not to get off topic, but I read this also a few weeks ago here. And was always sorry I did not reply. This 'fact' is just not true. Thai's do tip, albeit not a lot. But it is a tipping society. They may only leave 10 baht for a dinner for 4, but they almost always leave something.

OK....back to the topic at hand. ::

HT

Hi,

Would tend to agree, although do doubt the working hours a bit. Since she lives there the line between working hours and non-working hours fades a bit of course.

As for the minimum wage, this is ignored more often than not. My in-laws have been known to break corn (at least that is what I understood) making 160 Baht a day. That is 3 people making a total of 160 Baht a day!

Compare that to a comment like "What is 1000 Baht?" and saying that complaining about a 1,000 Baht increase is ridiculous. Different worlds? No, more like different solar systems.

Sanuk!

Just like you, I am miffed by the righteousness and outrage shown by certain farangs who never walked in the shoes of these low-payed people. LOS is a great country for us, westerners, annoyances should hardly make a dent in the joy of being there, especially if on vacation. But you have to remember, everyone brings his own "shadow" with him, and for some, that shadow is more representative of their soul than themselves in the flesh.

Hi,

>>>>>Gotta disagree here mate. Respect ? perhaps, if she is doing what she truly believes in.<<<<<

How could she not be?

>>>>>Integrity.....only if your morality places prostitution on some "sinful" level.<<<<<

Which she does.

>>>>>>Met lots of hookers with more 'integrity', honesty and reality than most of the 'good' dreamy brained girls out there. But that's been my experience, not everyones.<<<<<

Absolutely agree. Not disputing that there are B/G's out there not without integrity. But I am speaking in the context of 'integrity' being honest to your beliefs, and convictions. I was addressing the integrity of the girls hauling concrete in the parking lot of Nana Hotel, who watch all day, the punters and puntee's, but who are back the next day hauling concrete again, for 180 baht.

It really must be constant struggle, and fustration for them. I personally award them a very high degree of integrity for not giving in, and remaining true to their beliefs.

HT

Respect ? perhaps, if she is doing what she truly believes in.<<<<<

How could she not be?

Most people have no idea of what they truly believe in. Only what is convenient and what they have been told by church and family. Perhaps she does this because her family and her society expect it of her. Not that she really believes in it, or anything else. But this is the easy way. And very self justifyable.

Integrity.....only if your morality places prostitution on some "sinful" level.<<<<<

Which she does.

Not sure which religion she adheres to, but unless she is Muslem, I am not aware of any tenents against protitution in major religious teachings. (That does not include the churches created out of these beliefs)

Again, I want to emphasize that I suspect she may simply be taking the 'easy' and acceptable way out. For this I will withhold my congratulations on her 'integrity' for a future time.

:bow:

Archived