NPF Fantasy football PREMIER LEAGUE

racha

I promise I'll take it more seriously this year. I am ready to kick ass and take names. If I'm lower than mid table I'll be disappointed with myself. I even included a man utd player on my side. the f**king git will probably lose me points.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been getting a few PM's from people asking about rules and tips for the game so if the guys that have been playing in the last seasons games can help with a few tips to make the first time players out it would be great, :help:

Go to the rules page for all the information but here are some tips from me to watch out for,

CAPTAINS

A few people have asked me about this and its an important one as each round you nominate 1 of your players as a captain, you try to pick the player that will score the most points in that round and you receive double points for the nominated captain

You can change the captain every round,

TRANSFERS

You can change your team as much as you want for free with no penalties till about 11.00am UK time on the 16th of August then after that only 1 transfer per round is free, any more transfers will be 4 points deducted from your total score, so it will be good for you to play around with the team selection to get used to the game before it starts,

TEAM MONEY

Your team money in the game, if you can have some money left over after picking your team it is better but not easy to manage as the good players are expensive, a bit left over will help you make transfers a bit easier, as you have one free transfer each week and you sell a player for 4.0 you can only buy one for 4.0 or less, so if you had 3.0 in the bank you could buy one for 5,6, or 7.0, saying that I have at the moment have 0 in the bank but are working on the problem,

DOUBLE ROUNDS

This one is important as some rounds teams will play twice in one round, at the moment the first double round is on round 8 but notice on round 3 there are 4 teams not playing at all, you will have to watch this as no one will tell you this once the game gets under way, you have been warned, :shhh:

INJURED PLAYERS/ [color:"red"]RED[/color] CARDS

If any of your players has a red marker next to his name he is either injured or has a red card and can not play in the next round, sometimes this info can be wrong as injured players can recover in time to play and are still marked as injured in the game, so watch the latest injury reports for updated info.

VIEWING OTHER TEAMS

This is possible every round once the deadline has closed and no more transfers can be made in that game week, if you log on at that time on the nana plaza board you will notice bibbiles online every week checking every ones teams out :grinyes:. Also note the deadline times are normaly 11.00am UK time but can change if there are early or later kick off times in any one round.

BONUSES

This is a controversial one, each game has bonus points of 3 points awarded to players that performed well and these decisions are made by the press associations football analysts who attend the matches and normally we on this board do not agree with these decisions. :cussing:

Racha,

As I'm one of those Newbies who thinks he has the winning formula and expects nothing but the 1st. spot ::, I thank you for the advice on especially captains ans double rounds.

I was aware of the fact that captains earn double points, but didn't know they could be changed every round. So every round (gameweek) has its deadline, correct?

BTW, when and how to pay that 1000Baht (season)barfine? :)

Here is the list of people who said they would be going to join in the prize pool or have paid already, If you want to take part in the prize pool then let me know and your name will be added on to the list,

Payment can be arranged later just say you will pay or will not so we can finalise the list......

The list so far.....

1 All Blacks  racha diver  1,000

2 The Bangkok Mouths  Philip Williams  1,000

3 Zion FC  Zion _ 

4 Soi Park Gooners  K Man  1,000

5 Yankees  Pom Michael  1,000

6 DYNAMO DIM SUM  Lord Lucan  1,000

7 lost_again  Naive Norwegian 

8 Sathorn Saints  ultras 67  1,000

9 Stars of Light  Brink Fifteen 

10 Wheat Beer Addicts  George in Bkk  1,000

11 Pattaya Gunners  chocolat steve 

12 Green Nuns  Minu man 

13 FC Pinky-Toe  Zaad Batistuta  1,000

14 Yehtmaes Yobs  Yeht Mae 

15 sayjann's winners chris farrant

16 nana plaza frogs  frog patrol  1,000

17 Petchaburi Pansies  Greg Edwards 

18 The Tractor Boys  Chris Brown 

19 The Glory Hamptons  bib blies  - 

20 Hanoi Madrid  joel barnard 

21 Sukhumvit Strikers  phiket pete  1,000

22 Peckie Utd  Dave Peck 1,000 

23 The Che Guevara XI  Cortez Cortez 

24 cluelessteachers  clueless teacher 

25 playskool#1off  Juan Bautista Jecker 

26 Austro's Heroes  Austen Heeley 

27 Samui FC  Limbo Stevens  1,000

28 Tina & The BJs  Long Gone 

29 Chiang Mai LadyBoys SUZI BANDIT

30 Carlsberg Girls Mr Dreamer

Well the Chiang Mai LadyBoys are in as well. Look out as they are last years defending NPF Fantasy Football champs.

Ok it was the American version, but I figure if Man U can go prancing around the states and even play in my home teams football stadium, then there is no reason why the LadyBoys can't take a shot at playing in England.

Now... what's a striker? ::

Just kidding.

:shhh:

Peckieboy,

Thanks for joining in the prize pool !!

We now have 30 teams after only one week a very good result so far, and 12 managers have pledged to put in 1,000 baht so far to make the kitty pool up to 12,000 baht,

Total prizes are over 40,000 baht now :up:

OTHERS PLEASE LET ME KNOW P4P OR NOT :beer:

Now we have an idea of the total prize pool so can everyone make your thoughts known on how we should set the winning formula, I think we should go for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and put the money in to a party and or some to the prize pool....

SOME IN PUT PLEASE EVERYONE

Archived