TG, less intell. than other Asian/West. females?

jasmine

Ones don't have to sleep with them to adore them you should know

------------------------

The fact is, I do not think thai women are more worthy of adoring than any other women. Some people keep going there because they know what they like in thai women, and thai men are only a side to that equation, some others have learnt that thai women can be a pain in the ass as much as any other woman, and may concentrate on the one they love, and the thai males they are acquainted with.

I just don't see the connection between being attracted towards asian women and having to like thai men in general.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says naiv:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some more examples about the willingness of thai people to think:

1) In the shop, buying 2 2L bottles of Fanta: the stuff gives me 2 bags, one over the other, because they rightly think that only one plastic bag couldn't bear the weight (this never happens in Europe)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A sure sign of intelligence indeed...

You didn't read my post did you? I was giving examples of daily situations where thai people think more than their europeen brothers and sisters. And I assumed that the readers are intelligent enough to know which example relates to intelligence and which to "willing to think".

I doubt very much that your negative comments are on the ones working for and with the tourists

My negative comments are exactly on the ones who are working with tourists. (staff of rail stations, stuff of hotels, stuff of restaurants, etc.)

I don't know enough italiens outside of the tourstic sector to make any statement on their english speaking capabilities.

It's common sense (not even a sign of intelligence) speaking slower and using easier and more common terms speaking to a foreign. Thais don't understand that elementary concept and/or don't care about that.

Sorry, but I made totally different experiences than you.

I travelled in Italy with the train, stayed in a hotel, ate in restaurants, short I was doing about the same as in Thailand, and I just got the impression that italiens working in the tourist sector are much less willing to understand the clients.

Best regards

[color:"red"] and thai men are only a side to that equation [/color]

I agree that many never think about the males, how can ones think about them when ones are inundated with beautiful women, eh?

I think women are women everywhere and some arses, male or females are there, I don't care what nationalities, being British, American or whatever. I just count my blessings that I don't run into some of these people and if I do, I pray that I have strength to tolerate them. And hopefully can stay away from them.

Cheers! :devil:

Says naiv:

You didn't read my post did you? I was giving examples of daily situations where thai people think more than their europeen brothers and sisters. And I assumed that the readers are intelligent enough to know which example relates to intelligence and which to "willing to think".

So, does "willing to think" really mean what it seems here?!

Well, your points are even more ridiculous than I deemed at first...

Anyway, do you actually think that each time that in Thailand they give you 2 bags for heavy items they are repeating a conscious reasoning?

They give you 2 bags because they are taught to do so. End of story.

It's really very simple.

In Italy they don't have employees at cash desks putting your purchased items into the bags for you like they do in Thailand.

So, do you think that they do it for any other reason than because they are instructed to do so?

"Willing to think"! That's absolutely hilarious!

And BTW if there is a country where the people are NOT "willing to think" that is Thailand. It's a cultural-social fact. Even their very education system teach them to not think...

At this point I suspect that's simply a matter of how deep is your knowledge of Thailand and Thais...

Says naiv:

My negative comments are exactly on the ones who are working with tourists. (staff of rail stations, stuff of hotels, stuff of restaurants, etc.)

I don't know enough italiens outside of the tourstic sector to make any statement on their english speaking capabilities.

That was not what I meant.

Staff of rail stations and the various operators working there are not requested to know any other language than Italian. Knowing a foreign language is a title of preference choosing who employ but only information booths employees have to meet the requirements I've talked about. The same is valid for hotels and restaurants.

Not everyone has to be able to speak English. The ones who take your orders at a restaurant in a tourist area have.

Bad experiences happen everywhere, but it's the "system" that is set differently between Thailand and farang countries.

You can deny that, the reality remains...

Says naiv:

Sorry, but I made totally different experiences than you.

I travelled in Italy with the train, stayed in a hotel, ate in restaurants, short I was doing about the same as in Thailand, and I just got the impression that italiens working in the tourist sector are much less willing to understand the clients.

So, you are telling me that the attention to the customers' satisfaction is much more high in Thailand than in Italy, right?

Could you elaborate a bit and tell me what kind of experience do you have of both Italy and Thailand and give some examples of the facts, both in Italy and in Thailand, that make you think so?

In other words, is what you are saying based on the happenings and incidents of a 2 weeks holiday or the result of the experiences had during your extended stays in both Italy and Thailand?

Just to give you some of the same informations I'm requesting you I am in Thailand from a couple of months and this is my second "visit".

The first has lasted 1.5 years.

Ciao

Hi,

"And BTW if there is a country where the people are NOT "willing to think" that is Thailand. It's a cultural-social fact. Even their very education system teach them to not think..."

Squarly behind you here.

Couple of examples:

- a friend was at Au Bon Pain and ordered the breakfast special. The girl replied that they did not have sesame bagels. He replied that a plain bagel would be fine. Girl said 'cannot'. He asked how much is a sesame bagel, she told him, he then asked how much is a plain bagel, she replied same price. So he asked again to give him the special with a plain bagel. Again, 'cannot'.

She was instructed that the special is with a sesame bagel and refused to think outside of the box. This lost the shop a sale

- few weeks back I ordered pizza. The delivery guy could not find our house because the housenumber has fallen down. I live in a very small subsoi (4 houses), which he found. The houses there are number 72, 74, nothing, and then on the other side 78.

He was looking for 76, entered the soi to the end and turned around. Intelligent? This guy certainly wasn't.

BTW, I am not implying that Thais as a whole are more or less intelligent, but I do think that they are severly lacking when it comes to logical thinking.

Sanuk!

>I am not implying that Thais as a whole are more or less intelligent, but I do think that they are severly lacking when it comes to logical thinking.

I posted it before, here it is again.

My ex is a lecturer, preparing foreign students for studies or postgraduate studies in farangland. Preaparations for TESOL/ESOL tests, takes months.

She had hundreds of Thais going through her classes and exams. For more than ten 10 years she's been complaining how thick they were. Absolutelly worst and least successful students she has ever had. A common thinking among all teaching staf.

Her understanding was - it's not clever and good students coming over but ones who's parents had the money.

Thai schools are crap anyway and mean no guarantee that graduates know anything more than average people.

Since the GF has been bitchy a bit lately ( i guess most people are when you tell them the "check is in the mail" ::), i will gossip on her and add one more example, agreeing with you guys:

Last year, we have to go to Pattaya city hall to get papers for her. First time we go there, but she is thai, i believe she will handle finding the right office, but after 10 minutes we are still in the hallway, finally I tell her to just ask one of the many workers strolling around us. She did and the office was shown to us.

Once in, i see all the employeees behind the counter are having lunch together, and my GF sits in front of the counter.... ready to wait until they finish their lunch. I tell her, why wait like idiots, let's have lunch too and come back after.

2 occasions where she'd rather wait and stay clueless rather than think a tiny bit and ask questions.

Another one: if the cell phone communication is not good, she thinks it's her phone and it needs to be changed. I explain to her it is just the service or satellite screwing up. Well, OK, this time, it's me who asks to wait ;).....ETC, ETC.......

[color:"red"]Thai schools are crap anyway and mean no guarantee that graduates know anything more than average people.

[/color]

Now now TTM, let qualify it a bit here, SOME/Most, my friend and I agree. Your Jasmine here is a product of HS (the best) in BKK and she can compete with the best of them in her field, ok? (Didi not mean to sound arrogant there, need to put this in here fro some members of the board may not be able to take it).

I do agree with you that the majority of schools in Thailand MUST improve. It has been believed by most adults that the inquisitive kids are hard to control so they have done they best to make the kids obey. Kids who come from families who encourage "thinking" are not being treated well (I have experience) and sometimes, in order to survive, ones adjust and many times the "thinking mode" is stffled for life. I was lucky to have certain teachers who saw what I had and let me run with it and the HS I went encourages "thinking", thanks God.

This "thinking" abilities in many Thais/Asians are very subtle and ones must understand and manage these people differently than people from other backgrounds. A friend just mentioned to me today that I seemed not thinking much lately at work and he realized that I am still recovering from "burn-out", so it also depends on stages of life also.

I find the Thai kids nowadays, especially from good schools, much more outspoken and know some thinking than my time of growing up. Then, it stills depends on their teachers, for example, my niece (14 years old) who is quite outspokne and has her own mind) still cannot question teachers in certain things. However, she does not receive bad report cards like her aunt did from questioning. :: If I had a different father and mother, I would have been beaten to death ::

Now in the West and also in Austrailia, how many times we have heard "Curiousity kills a cat"? The Thais (majority) think that questioning things, a process of thinking, should be controlled in kids, especially females, which is sad.

Darn I can go on and on, sorry.

Jasmine :drunk:

Archived