Lords of Legend

khunsanuk

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"Spearmen are great because they give you both offense and defence when you arm them with halberds."

Where do you find info like this?

Sanuk!

Go to the LOL forum and do searches. I type keywords such as "halberd" to get the info I need. Once I find the info in the forum I try it and see if it is correct.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, finally joined up under torneyboy (since he does a fantastic job looking after my KoC account during the day) after reading this entire thread... looks like I'm still in the invisible wait and see phase, before I can buy a building et al;..

Will go on an attacking spree tomorrow or Tuesday when the gold piles up a bit. need almost 20K to build some quarters and some more...

Wish me luck.

RB,

welcome to the thread! Today is (was) my second day. At the beginning, it goes rather quickly. At the first day, I bought my first barrack, today I almost doubled my army (current status: power: 314, level: 3, gold: 0, army: 47, ap: 0). Made many mistakes though! :doah: Hopefully, tomorrow I will be able to gain a new level and building.

IMO, important are gold and ap's. Never show, you have gold or you will be attacked immediately (happened to me the day I signed on). Follow JJ's and LHL's advise. Enjoy!

Thanks Pete. From what I read you're invisible for 3 days unless you attack/go over 50K gold. I'll wait till tomorrow or tuesday to attack, after I've studies the rules and regs a bit. I have just over 30K at the moment, obviously need 50K to build some quarters, 50K for the other building I need too.. looks like fun

Redbaron said:

Thanks Pete. From what I read you're invisible for 3 days unless you attack/go over 50K gold. I'll wait till tomorrow or tuesday to attack, after I've studies the rules and regs a bit. I have just over 30K at the moment, obviously need 50K to build some quarters, 50K for the other building I need too.. looks like fun

The cool thing about this game is that you actually have a shot at being a top ranked player or clan. Unlike KOC where you constantly need people clicking to get u more troops and u can collect infinite amounts of gold-basically he who hoards the most wins- This game is dependent more on your strategy of how to atttack and then allocate your wealth. Everyone max's ot at 50k income generated by troops, You can increase your income through clans and buying markets up to L20. Unlike KOC u can't hide your wealth by buying weapons. You can only use it to increase your power (buying troops) or one time buys of weapons which have no value aside from troop use. Basically your wealth(troops) is vulnerable and perishable because someone can come along, attack you, kill your troops and thus drop your power rating.

The randomness of the dice role also keeps everyone on their toes in this game. Like in the real world their is no guarantee in a battle. You think you are going to destroy someone because you are on paper more powerful but instead you get your ass handed to you. You have to really sure who and how you attack in this game.

Some guys hate the randomness in this game and I admit it is frustrating at times but I am never as anxious or apprehensive as when I initiate a 10p attack and wait for the results. In KOC you know if you are going to win or lose a battle , maybe that is why I am bored with it now(along with knowing I don't have a shot at the top 100). Playing LOL, the probability is in your favor to win but you never knowalso you know that given enough time you can challnege for the top spots.

Archived