Lords of Legend

khunsanuk

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
torneyboy said:

how do we buy armour.....do you need to have The armoury?

looks like can only train at the moment

Yes, sir. One needs an Armoury ..... that's where they sell the armour> buy def, shields first, then swords later. ::

Peter1964 said:

Will I be able to play today?? Today, I wanted to try some things and learn...

I would start as soon as I had enough attack points to ensure I can buy my barracks 50-70 is a good number. I play human same as you so as soon as you get your barracks you can message me on the LOL mail system for advice.

Peter1964 said:

OK, Level 2 and have my first barrack.

Nice start. Remember as a human your strength is income generation. You should use your turn based gold at this poin to only buy the cheapest merc you can afford which are footmen. The more troops you buy, the more gold you generate. When you get enough attack points saved then go for your next building which should be a fortification(I think it is stronghold) , then a headquarters or blacksmith(whichever comes first based on your experiience level. If you reach level 5 buy the headquarters).

When you get to L5 you buy a headquarters-join the clan and then buy a market. Once you have those in place , I would focus on getting blacksmiths (there are 3 levels to buy). When you get level 1 blacksmith you can then start training and buying spearmen. Spearmen are great because they give you both offense and defence when you arm them with halberds. They are actually my most numerous unit and the primary merc that I purchase.

Once you got those primary builings and units in place - the game really begins for you. You have to decide what strategy you want to follow. You can be a power grower(means you put all of your resources into buying troops which increase your power, ranking and gold), you can be a balanced player which means you arm all of your troops as you grow or u can do a combo. Some guys only buy footmen and barracks and don't bother with armour(focusing purely on power) others stockpile armor and naturally grow their troops because they want to keep low power and bottom feed while they get their castles and other buildings pus build up XP's and levels. There is no one strategy, you have to find the formula that works for you.

My personal strategy is to spend all turn based gold(TBG) on mercs, stockpile AP's for building upgrades and before I go on an upgrading spree arm all my troops. I always buy and train the highest units first before the weakest ones. I keep enough footmen and arm them as a kill buffer(around 125). My primary upgrades focused on fortifications before specialized troops.

Archived