Lords of Legend

khunsanuk

NEW STUFF to be added soon...... QUESTS

Just got this off the forum from the creator of the game. Looks great. :applause:

Let it be known ...

« on: Today at 04:03:57pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let it be known by players of Lords of Legend that magic has arrived to Quests. This may seem minor so let me continue. Many are awaiting the arrival of Quests and they have been a long time coming. The inclusion of magic was the last major part of the Quest engine I wanted in place before I started making a playable release.

The scope of Quests has changed a lot over the last 4 months or so since the Quests idea was introduced. I was still aiming a bit to high. A couple weeks ago I again narrowed the scope. The major elements of the Quest engine are now in place. Although the scope has been reduced there is still a good bit to be enjoyed.

What this means is that the features for the first release have been decided and are coded. When can you see it you ask? Well a playable version is not to far off now. There are only two testing quests defined, a few weapons, and creatures. So the focus now shifts to expanding these areas.

The current plan is to release an Alpha version. This will not affect the man game but will be playable. In other words, the gold or items that you find will not be added to your Warlord?s account. The Alpha version will be to work out major bugs and to start working on game balance. I have not decided yet how many players will have access to the alpha version. I may open it up to all but not respond to ANY questions or issues with them except from a few I decide to be General Testers for me. There will be to many to deal with at first to respond to just anyone.

Some features to drool over:

You will be able to advance your hero by levels as well as skill levels for the use of a Axe and a Sword. The better you are with the weapon you weld the more damage you inflict and the chance to hit your opponent. The better chance you can do a Power move as well the higher your skill. Plus some weapons require a certain skill level to even use it.

You will gain levels in the use of magic in the realms of Order and Chaos. The more Power you put into an enchantment the more powerful the results and longer they last.

Some weapons have magic abilities that can inflict addition damage to creatures if the are not resistant to cold, fire or eclectic shock

When you encounter more then one creature, multiple attacks and enchantments that effect more then one opponent will come in quit nice.

When you may ask yet again .. The answer is as usual. When it is ready. You have to believe me that I want it released ASAP as well.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check the date on the reset post. . .no one publicly knows when the next reset is. I fathom that it will come after the game creator finds out the glitches in his Quests beta test.

The quests are supposeed to be some soert of enhanced role playing additon to the main game that will provide incentives in gold, weapons, etc that can be used in the main game.

The guys who will initially excel in the next reset are the guys who get selected to beta test. I know one of the guys is banestar(he is the one who wrote the newbie guide).

Having deleted my "Brain Dead' totally useless posts, this I hopewill be of some value. :banghead:

Comments from the forum about # of APs to use:

Using 10 ap has no apparent advantages over using 10 1 ap attacks, sure you might get a couple thousand more gold, but your casualty rates are off the charts when you use 10 attacks....its obscene. You might end up losing money even if you win against somebody. Where as if you use 10 1 ap attacks, and lose a couple say, net 25K or so, then your up quite a bit. I dont see the logic in which one would use 10 ap attacks. Is there any inherent advantages to using it?

well, there's no advantage to using 10 ap. you use 1 ap when you wanna take your time and not lose any army units, you use 10 ap when you wanna get gold quickly and buy a building or something like that and dont wanna get risk getting attacked, using 10 ap is good on that kind of situation, also, 10 ap is good for attacking orcs if you are undead because you kill lots of their army units and get a nice undead bonus.

You do generally gain more from a single 10 ap attack as opposed to 10 attacks using 1 ap each. However, you don't always lose units. I've gained just over 99k from one 10 ap attack, and didn't lose any units. You do need to pick your targets carefully though, the closer to your own power they are, the less likely it is that you'll succeed(though some players have pulled off "flukes" in attacks against more powerful players).

Which option you decide on is up to you. If you have to raise a lot of gold quickly, like 400k-500k(before anyone else notices), then 10 ap attacks are preferable. If you only need to raise a small to moderate amount(50k-150k), then you could do better with using 1 ap attacks.

I concur, 10 AP is worthwhile until your power hits say... 1000, then after that, it can be more effective to use 9 or 8, or less, But yes Undead vs Orcs... Always 10 AP....

In all my months of playing I have yet to see a player above 10,000power , 10 10AP battles to be more cost effective than 100 1AP battles....

e.g.

I attack 10AP, against oppont with 500K, I gain 150K, I lose 250 Units... Cost to re-purchase units: 350000,Thats a 200K LOSS

I use 10, 1AP attacks, Each attack gains 9K average, I lose 4 units per battle, Cost to repurchase: 5600... after 10 battles I lose 40 troops, and gain 90K, re-purachse 56K, thats a 34K WIN....

>> still don't really understand the rules yet but when i get more time i'll study them more,i'm just bottom feeding at the moment....see you in the clan soon

It seems, we are in the same boat. Check out jjsushi's and LaoHuLi's guides. They are great!

Archived