Trade getting larger....

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It goes against what we want to believe about the thai culture.

-------------------------------

All said in good spirit, CB, but as another member replied to me in an unrelated thread: Gimme a fuckin' break! ::

We all can claim ignorance and the impossibility to follow every woman between the age of 15-40 to find out, but I think people just answer from their observations as/while they stay in LOS. If it's 50%, be it, but some do not agree, and it has nothing to do with "their beliefs" of thai culture.

Many pass up decent opportunities to get out of the game in order to stay in and make a few more bucks for a relatively short period of time......

True enough, all just business...

-------------------------------

That's a subject I know well in its Pattaya incarnation. I insist that these girls who pass an opportunity, for the most part, do it on account of being young women who are enjoying going out, partying, the attention of guys, their sistahs network, etc... more than the money.

Also, some of them are not too crazy about their sponsors, not someone they love, and his company and promises don't beat the easy life they have as popular young, playful, unattached freelancers.

i think it is a total mistake to see this subject only thru the money aspect.

You and i know the drabness that would result from such monolithic behaviour would not call us back to the nightlife scene so often. It is simply a lot more fun than that, and the girls are our guide and inspiration in that sanook merry-go-round.

I realize i made statements that sound contradictory in this thread. Let me refine:

The one post about money the OK reason for a new trend of young women offering services, was about grey zone thai/thai P4P/paid company.

the post about money not being over-riding in many cases of girls passing opportunities or choosing a guy over another, is about fully self-employed freelancers.

In this, there maybe a difference between BKK (where girls commute to sexwork) and Pattaya (where girls hang around as much as they sexwork).

I can easily meet girls in Pattaya who will invite me to a Bday party on the spot or frolick all afternoon in Jomtien, but in Suk, at beer garden or Suk, past 10pm, i would not expect this to happen and rather assume the girl means work, period. If I am wrong about BKK, then i am glad I am.....

[color:"green"] The number of people entering Thailand's booming sex trade rose by 50,000 in 2003 despite an improving economy and the government's war on poverty, a report has cited a survey as showing. [/color]

Maybe that is why the economy is improving. :cover:

Hi KS,

Does anyone have anything remotely *accurate* regarding the size of the Thai P4P industry ? I know that it 'dwarfs' the much-maligned Farang industry, but thats about as accurate an 'estimate' as I've ever seen. Given that it encompasses a swathe of nasties that we dont like to mention on this board, I wont dwell on it, but it would be interesting to see if WHO or another organisation has attempted to quantify it.

This was bought into sharp focus on my recent trip to Jakarta, when several Indo customers were exiting a brothel in Lokasari Plaza just as I walked in. It occurred to me that I had *never* seen Thai customers in any of the Farang-oriented establishments in Thailand : they can get it far more cheaply elsewhere.

In booming Thailand, a factory worker in a large multinational company's factory earns about 400baht for a ten hour shift (night or day). Now, if you were a good looking girl coming from an impoverished family to support, what would you do?

Try to look at the scenario through the BG's eyes.

Archived