Free SMS Yahoo Messenger to Thai

think_too_mut

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't dial the 0. Only use 9 as the area code....not 09.

Same as dialing from usa. It's 011-66-9-xxx-xxxx. If calling within Thailand it would be 09-xxx-xxxx.

Or in your case, try using just 5, instead of 05.

HT

Do you require GUI changes to get this functionality or did they implement this just thru supporting a new syntax for ids? The Mac version of YM doesn't appear to support PC to SMS ;-(

I believe the MSN charging to receive SMS on your phone is partly due to some contract issue that MS has with phone providers whereby somehow they get a share of this money.

I registered my number just fine. 06 prefix, just used the 6. Sent a message, worked fine. GF's phone wouldn't register. 07 prefix, just used the 7. Found out her phone has no money. Will try again tomorrow.

BTW, both phones use pre-paid cards, not monthly billing. I'll do balance checks tomorrow befor and after an SMS to see what the charge is, if any.

All,

I dont know why I did not post it as well, maybe because there was a thread on this subject before.....

Anyway, just like TTM, I use it daily to SMS with the GF, she uses AIS and has a 01 number.

I checked last week, no charges at all to her.

1 point though...... after 3-4 SMS to her, she needs to reply, otherwise you cannot use it anymore, like a full system that need emptying from time to time.

The system pays itself through advertising, something I did read somewhere...... ( on Stickman ??? )

Cheers !

Problem with this system is, if they don't answer you, it will block you from sending any messages until they do, I think after 3 messages, also, sometimes the messages don't go through. My regular USA mobile (AT+T) does not send messages to Thailand it seems, yet I get charged for them when I try!

Archived