Visa to USA for GTG

I am a Thail girl who is looking to get a visa to go to the USA for a short visit. But I have been told that if I am not successful at getting my visa in the first try, I might never get another chance. So I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions or ideas that would give me the best chance of getting my visa on the first application.

Hi,

And welcome to the board.

In order to get detailed replies, could you tell us if you are still a student or not ?

Have you already travelled aboad yet ?

Single or just engaged with a US citizen ?

And the reason of stay there ? tourism, studies, others ?

Alone or in group ?

Did you check the embassy yet ?

And now over to our US members for more help.......

Cheers !

Hi! Yes, welcome to the board. Please do answer the questions that BB asked. This will help us help you.

I can tell you the basics. The US is looking for people with soild reasons to return to their home country. One is guilty until proven innocent, in this case. In brief, you need to show that you have some combination of: a) a good job; B) money in the bank (maybe 200-300K baht); c) a property owner; d) a business owner; e) etc.

I cannot add more specific info until I know more about you andf your situation. But it also is not not the case that you only get one chance...

Cheers,

SD

southgirl,

Read the US Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual (the FAM), 9 FAM 41.31 Notes, especially sections N2, N3, and N10.

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0941031N.pdf

Grabii

southgirl_th said:

I am a Thail girl who is looking to get a visa to go to the USA for a short visit. But I have been told that if I am not successful at getting my visa in the first try, I might never get another chance. So I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions or ideas that would give me the best chance of getting my visa on the first application.

I'd really suggest calling the embassy and not rely too much on what you hear on this and other bulletin boards.

Visiting and asking them questions would be best (better if you have an American cut to the American line and ask the questions about your situation for you).

When talking to a person at the embassy MAKE sure it's an American and not a Thai. If it's a Thai, let the next person in line take your spot and wait for an American.

I'm still fuck'n pissed off from my last visit. All of my previous visits have been extremely painless and I've always been impressed with the level of service, especially when confronted with idiots (my fellow Americans). My last visit, I needed to get papers notarized and I was initally helped by a Thai person who was quite rude too me. I was a bit taken aback. She thought I was thai and was a bit interrogating. I really wanted her to come back and finish the assignment with me because I wanted her name and to nail her to the wall. She's on American soil and she SERVES Americans. She's not on Thai soil and has no rights to make such demands as she had on an American. In any event, she must have known I was going to go apeshit because she passed me off to a vice-consul who processed me with exceptional professionalism that I could not fault.

On another visit, the guard interrogated me BEFORE I entered the compound. Took two tries before he realized I was speaking English and not Thai. When asked why I was there I said I needed to have amendments to my passport (which I held up in front of his face). What was his next question you ask: "Are you an American, and do you have your passport?" At this point I just shoved it right against his face and walked passed him. Gahhhhh

<<burp>>

"...I am a Thail girl who is looking to get a visa to go to the USA for a short visit. But I have been told that if I am not successful at getting my visa in the first try, I might never get another chance. So I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions or ideas that would give me the best chance of getting my visa on the first application. .."

Welcome to the board! As Gummi suggested, best to get the info from the embassy directly! The easiest way to get a visa would be to marry an American...I happen to be available! But you can probably do much better! :)

Just curious: Why do you want to go to the U.S.?

Other than to find work in a higher-paying job or to do some sight-seeing, I don't see any advantage to leaving Thailand.

Just curious about yoru motivation. The immigration people will probably ask you the same question.

RickF

"...I am not sure OH wants to go to the US, but he probably gets lots of questions from immigration anyway...."

Yes, I get grilled regularly, given my frequent short trips there. A lot depends on who I make the initial contact with, if it's some redneck, I am in for a questioning. Last time, got some old Filipino dude, who asked why I went to often, told him I was stupid in love with a Thai girl and I work for an airline, thus can go often. he just said "well, that explains it! Wish I can go too..."

Southgirl_Th,

I am still available for marrage, but you'd better hurry! :)

Archived