can I afford her?

thai3

I asked a recently married ex bargirl friend who was horrified I have not been sending the GF more than 10,000 as it is. She lives in bkk and says she spends at least 100000 baht a month and does not go out!! She struck gold with her husband, he does not even live in LOS or want her to move to switzerland, next best thing to winning the lottery-peter

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well Peter, IMO the numbers I give are very minimum, especially for Bkk.

Other than food and boozing and the p4p scene, they spemd as much as we do. So 20K is more like it IMO.

living cheap is one thing ... a decent live always costs more ::

Glad your friemd struck 'gold' :neener:

"1. rent room = 1500-1600 baht it depend on each month water and electric how much I spend (cheap place). "

Sounds about right. Some of the girls at the beer garden (soi 7) pay that amount.

"2. credit TV = 2000 baht.(this is a new one, means she bought of a friend and pays every month)" Baloney. 2 payments buys a new TV

"3.sky train 30 trip / month = 540 baht.. if i come back i take a bus =300 baht. (always goes by bus)" Most Thais take the bus.

"4. food =4500 Too high." I took 3 Thai ladies and myself out one day to where Thais eat. We had excellent food, and the bill - including water was 40 baht (and that is for 4 people)

"5. stuff = 1000 baht. (soap- tooth- for my living)" Just plain too high

"6. send daughter =4000 (daughter 5 year)" Most Thai would think you are generous if you give 3000 baht

"7. movie- taxi- clothes= 2000 baht. (goes movie 3 x a month"

Thai movies are cheap. Thais generally do not take taxis. As for clothes, don't you buy them when you are with her?

My g/f makes 9,500 after taxes, and makes do. Takes BTS to work, and eats constantly ::

Rent without utilities is 5,000. Apt. is 1 block from BTS station. She has a roomate who had to go back home for a few months to take care of sick father, so I subsidize that lost 2,500 for now. She also manages to go back home (Nakhon Pathom) every weekend.

Very doable to live on 10K per month. She doesn't drink, smoke, or go out at night, which makes it possible to do. Soi she lives on has very cheap food. Fresh nam som is half the price as on Suk. Yesterday she spent 100 baht for lunch, only because she pigged out, because office on Silom was very slow, and all the girls had nothing else to do. :) She usually dosen't spend even half that.

HT

"Yes it is a big step for her to come over here but I worry about not being able to meet her expectations, whatever they are. She seems to talk about wanting rather than needing a lot and these are not quite the same things. I am confident I can give her what she needs, but what she wants for the family is an unkown quantity.Cannot really talk to her as she will not come out with much, she says more in emails.-peter "

.................................................................................

Peter, what are her plans for career in UK? If I were you, I would make it clear that she has to work in UK and fix that stuff herself. Talk to her about it.

Cheers!

PS: I read a bit more, about you and her sharing costs for kids.. What about the other costs (rent, electricity etc) ? On you alone?

I asked on thailand-uk board about what financial arrangements guys have with their wives. Brits never seem to be very happy about discussing this sort of thing. Most of the replies were PM's and it seems the norm is to let the lady keep all she earns with in some cases the guy sending back for the family, sometimes together. As someone said 'whats hers is hers, whats yours in hers and her families' ha ha.

If I ever get the GF over here she wants to get a job, maybe in a shop. I have said I will give her so much a month for herself until she gets a job and send something back for the kid. After she starts earning she can contribute to sending money home.First thing I intend to do is have a very good talk with her, but then she sometimes agrees to things and that somehow seem to get changed.

Are there any relationships where the woman helps with the bills do you think?-peter

"4. food =4500 Too high." I took 3 Thai ladies and myself out one day to where Thais eat. We had excellent food, and the bill - including water was 40 baht (and that is for 4 people)

sorry MM .... that one I can't buy .............. just not possible .... for 4 people........... each OK

Yes....gotta agree.

Hell, a bottle of water alone is 10 baht. 40 baht for dinner for 4 pax??? Not possible.

Cheapest place I know is a restaurant chain, where in Nakhon Pathom it is 59 baht for the buffet (for one). Same chain charges 89 baht in BKK for the same thing, so maybe he meant 400 baht. :dunno:

HT

Archived