can I afford her?

thai3

As they say: a little knowledge can be dangerous.

I did not mean to sound like an expert. Sometimes I skim posts and make a reply without fully getting the gist. The phrase that stuck out in your reply was that your GF "is not considered the 'best' provider".

I feel this is unreasonable for them to think this way because there is very little chance that a village girl going to work in the city is going to be able to send the amounts you describe back home without working in the sex industry or having a 'wealthy' BF.

I then made the assumption that the only reason they could think with this is they know she is with a foreigner and therefore assume she could provide more money/ or are upset that she can't.

The examples I printed were told to me by my wife as examples of the attitude SHE believes exists in her town towards money. It's kind of like an Isaan version of the Emperor's New Clothes with all the peasant's admiring the newly 'rich' girls good fortune and my wife playing the part of the little boy yelling "Wait a minute! She's gotta sleep with that fat, ugly German fuck for the rest of her life!"

Lastly, and laughably, I guess I've got to defend her hometown. I've always had a great time there and found many people there accept me as one of their own. Like you, I have often been poor when I've ventured up there and have always appreciated their friendship and generosity.

That being said:

From my understanding of the six thousand sent up to look after a kid on a monthly basis, I would guess 1000 would go towards the child all up. I don't know what happens to the other 5000, but it doesn't cost that much to look after a kid in the country.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just to clarify...... you were refering to my reply and not soongmak

I'm sure he will understand.

BTW .... the "she not considered the best provider" comment was not ever from her family, but from other families that have the attitudes that your wife expressed to you.

And I agree that 6K is high for child support, but 2K is more likely. However, child support alway includes support of those raisong the child, be they grandparents, sisters or other family members. Part of this 'test' of Thai3 is to check his willingness to support all the family infrastructure, not just the indiviual child. Unlike the west where things are done on an individual by individual basis, here they are usually broader conatations

>and my wife playing the part of the little boy yelling "Wait a minute! She's gotta sleep with that fat, ugly German fuck for the rest of her life!"

That just shows you know shit about Thais.

In the same way we see (to Thais) downright ugly Isaan girls beautiful, that's how they see farangs.

"Farang always beautiful".

With all the provisions coming from him, his appearance is just an add-on. Nice-to-have but not necessary.

They will never say what you wrote, let alone children yelling it.

LaoHuLi:

You sound like a reasonable, good guy, but your heart's too much in the way.

you say "BTW my gf family has never complained about any amount I have or have not sent them"...

then how do you know she is not considered a 'best' provider by her family? Yer wife tell you? u just guessed?

To answer the original post, 6k 4 the upkeep of ONE rural kid is - yes too much - if this is the moneys sole purpose.

To deviate, 6k for the upkeep of a rural family may be just on the line, but i would say 10k should keep them happy.

Conformist said:

LaoHuLi:

You sound like a reasonable, good guy, but your heart's too much in the way.

[color:"red"] Now how could anyone have too much heart? [/color]

you say "BTW my gf family has never complained about any amount I have or have not sent them"...

then how do you know she is not considered a 'best' provider by her family? Yer wife tell you? u just guessed? [color:"red"] try reading the rely to DrNick above[/color] :grin

To answer the original post, 6k 4 the upkeep of ONE rural kid is - yes too much - if this is the moneys sole purpose.

To deviate, 6k for the upkeep of a rural family may be just on the line, but i would say 10k should keep them happy. [color:"red"] agree completely, again read above [/color]

Think too mut:

Quite an insulting reply and one of complete ignorance. You really think Thai's think Farang's are beautiful? And you have the hide to say I know shit about Thai's. Maybe you just fall into the category of Farang I just described.

They think rich is beautiful and poor is ugly, and if you can't understand literary metaphors fuck off before questioning my understanding of anything.

>In the same way we see (to Thais) downright ugly Isaan >girls beautiful, that's how they see farangs.

>

>"Farang always beautiful".

Mate you haven't even scratched the surface in understanding these people.

>Quite an insulting reply and one of complete ignorance. You really think Thai's think Farang's are beautiful?

No, I did not think that - I was told that by 3 dozens bgs that I know (off duty). Over years, they made me believe into what they say (and do).

>And you have the hide to say I know shit about Thai's. Maybe you just fall into the category of Farang I just described.

Sorry I am protective for the younger and more handsome than me. Sorry, I may have overreacted.

>They think rich is beautiful and poor is ugly, and if you can't understand literary metaphors fuck off before questioning my understanding of anything.

Not far off the point - nobody would question how beautiful farang is and you agreed to that in the above sentence.

Back to my knitting now.

Archived