can I afford her?

thai3

my wife playing the part of the little boy yelling "Wait a minute! She's gotta sleep with that fat, ugly German fuck for the rest of her life!"

----------------------------

I won't question your wife taking a little boy voice to say that (why change her voice, BTW? :dunno:), but IMO, she answered as an emancipated (emissancipated?) Issan woman. Villagers may very well joke about the size of the husband, but in the example you give for that village as you describe its people, I doubt they see duress in that situation, or would fully understand the humour of your wife.

Uh..Look around the village....They may not be fat, but are the thai hubbies looking that great?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"On average, a girl getting a new job just after graduating from a few years at a university in BKK, will have her making 10,000 a month (in BKK)"

HighThaied:

I'm curious about this figure. Is it from an independent or official report?

Cheers

Dr Nick

Pattaya:

I regret that the story has been mis-interpreted. I was aggressively exaggerating it and to make matters worse I clouded it in the Emperor's New Clothes analogy.

Basically, what happened was my wife was chatting with the beautiful 18yr old across the way, who happened to mention how lucky the girl was to have married the guy. My wife basically asked her "You've seen him, do you fancy sleeping with him every night for the rest of your life?", the girl stopped and said something along the lines of "Gee, I never thought about that and then agreed that it wasn't a pleasant thought."

So no little boy yelled out anything and no she didn't yell it out in a boys voice, in fact she didn't yell anything out. I'm sorry for being such a fucked up communicator.

BTW you are right about her being an emancipated Isaan girl. She is actually quite Westernised after living in Aus for 6 years, ironically this has made her more openly proud to be Isaan.

Cheers,

Dr Nick

>>>>HighThaied:

I'm curious about this figure. Is it from an independent or official report?<<<<

Official. At least from the BKK side. 10,000 is the norm, knowing this from smartcitypeople.com, and many other recruitment firms in BKK, having helped my G/F look for a job for 2 months. Reports from upcountry come from my many chat girls, located in those area's. Although my G/f was able to make 12,000 in rayong, but had to work silly hours to do so. Choangsao province (sp?) right outside of BKK (east), pays 9,000 for a uni-grad incorporated into their shipping department, for an IKEDA furniture factory there, which employes 1,000's of workers.

I'm not far off at all with these numbers. I know 10,000 is the average starting number in bkk, for a fact. 6,000 figure is what is most related to me as far as upcountry figures, but this is realated to heresay, as opposed to concrete information, through 20+ bargirls. In any event, 6,000 baht is a lot of money for a child's care for one month, up-country

HT.

Why don't you question the 6000 baht request?

Because there are many posters discussing this. ::

And then what about Thai3's budget? Has he shown his gf all the numbers?

Don't you see that it is humilating for her to ask for every penny? It would be much better, IMO, to give her a part of the income and then she can decide if she wants to spend this money in farangland or send it to thailand....

Maybe the true breakdown is 3000 for food, clothing, shelter, and 3000 for girls, whiskey, and gambling.

Who knows? But in this case, if thai3 sends only 3000 baht, it would be 3000 for girls, whiskey and gambling, too. (And nothing for the child).

To illustrate my opinion in another way:

Would thai3's gf ask me, as a farang, if it can be true that he can't afford to send 6000 baht per month, I would tell her that it isn't very probable and I would advice her to think about the marriage once again...

Maybe she asked a farang?

Best regards

• 3 weeks later...

Things have moved on a bit. After telling me she could get by if I sent her 6,000 baht to add to her wages she now says she really needs 10,000. It's not the money of course many girls would ask for more Im sure. So I aked her why she needed as much as 1600 a month and she sent me a list, I posted the list on the thailand -UK board but more people here live in Bkk, so what do you think, is she padding out these amounts, I think a little bit. She does not drink, smoke or gamble and seems to rarely go out

1. rent room = 1500-1600 baht it depend on each month water and electric how much I spend (cheap place).

2. credit TV = 2000 baht.(this is a new one, means she bought of a friend and pays every month)

3.sky train 30 trip / month = 540 baht.. if i come back i take a bus =300 baht. (always goes by bus)

4. food =4500

5. stuff = 1000 baht. (soap- tooth- for my living)

6. send daughter =4000 (daughter 5 year)

7. movie- taxi- clothes= 2000 baht. (goes movie 3 x a month)

-peter

OK .......... from my latest living with a girl in Bkk

1. VERY low. Unless she is sharing. We lived in On Nut...... clean, basic room .... 1900 baht, electric ..... 90 baht, water 70 baht, phone 50 baht minimum for service..... 2100-2200 an month

2.Credit..... perhaps but ask how much she owes in total. shouldn't be more than 2-3 months payments.... if cable is in there then OK another 300 a month

3. reasonable........... we spent double that as cabs were needed at least 5-8 times a month when the skytrain was finished.......... IMO 100baht easy if works late every day late.... double it.

4, Hmmmm this one seems high, even eating out every day ... then 100 baht a day is plenty...... even I can do ok on that. When she lives alone it is more like 1500-2000 a month.

5. ok, not bad, they buy quality stuff usually, toothpaste, shampoo, tampons, etc

6. a little high if in village, but not in city.

7. should be with # 3 and #5.

don't see anything for mobile phone, can be a major 500 - 2000 K expense depending on how often she call mama

Sorry, I have forgotten is she is working or not, or if she is in the p4p scene.

Assuming she is in a regular job ..... then 10 K a month added to her income should make her very comfortable. Or if she is living in the village, similar amount amount be ok IME.

If she is in Bkk and going to school and no income, then some adjustments might be necessary.

I see this

1. Rent/utilities ............ 2500

2. Food ....................... 2000

3. Daughter/family ........3000

4. Transport (to where?) 1000

5. Personal .................. 1500

live on, not get great on 10,000

Again just my experiences on that basic level.

Best of luck, stay in touch here

Archived