Whores

jagoturner

On this board and others, you will find for the most part that the word "whore" is rarely if ever used. It actually does not fit properly usually, when describing the girls or the Asian sex trade, IMHO.

When reading this and other boards, I have not seen anyone get too far using "whore" to get their point across or giving information.

Use the word how you see fit, but I don't think its going to get too far.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i couldn't give a fuck which word is used, whore, hooker, prostitute (except "sex-worker", that is PC crap, everytime i hear that i gotta think hospital... :doah:).

what is important is the content and context, not the wording.

The problem with the word 'whore' is that it is often used in a derogatory manner to describe someone who is NOT a prostitute, but someone you wish to describe as promiscuous.

This is the reason, I think. that some may object to it.

Literally, whore and prostitute have the same meaning, so if someone is a whore they are also a prostitute.

It seems there are some who wish to add an air of respectability to the act of prostitution, so object to the use of the word 'whore' as it projects negative connotations in their minds.

It doesn't matter WHY the girls are doing the work, the occupation of having sex with men for money is described as prostitution, not 'girls who have sex with men for money in order to support their families'. What nonsense!

The word 'whore' does have negative connotations, being used to describe a 'vile' thing in the past.

A 'prostitute' is not held in higher regard.

Feel free to use whatever word you wish.

The only reasonable objection I could envisage is if it were used in a purely negative sense designed to enrage. IMO

Listen here Jag, you old "camp follower," you're pretty much on your own on this one. Trying to be the "camp leader" now, are we?

If I were to say "I'm going to see a whore," with the intention of slipping down to a bad part of my town to see an American whore, I would not be thinking in terms of a joyous experience. I would be worrying about getting ripped off at worst, or having a fast, expensive fuck at best. But having had one after another joyous experience with Thai girls, I tend to call them "girlfriends." I almost never look for ST though. Always look for at least a little friendship, and often to rent the full-fledged gf experience.

Cheers,

GG

flyonzewall said:

what is important is the content and context, not the wording.

Interesting that is your view considering that you are the main proponent of "learn to speak Thai" on this board. Wording is just as important as context and content because the wording generally will set the presentation of the content and context. They work together. Why do people employ lawyers for serious commitments if wording was not important? Why does a woman who knows you love her deeply want to hear the words "I love you" from time to time? There are many ways to say someone is an "asshole" but the way you word it makes some ways less insulting than others.

Words and wording are very important.

I know I am nitpicking and yes I admit I am using your statement out of it's intended context Fly so don't take it too serious. I just wanted to use the above clip to make a point.

valentinoxxx said:

Literally, whore and prostitute have the same meaning, so if someone is a whore they are also a prostitute.

I disagree with you on this one. In some instances you would be correct but a whore does not neccessarily have to be a prostitute. In other words a person can be sexually promiscuous but not have an exchange of money/goods for the act of sex.

That is what I was saying about nuances, meanings and subtleties in words. Many terms share the same meaning but are not always perfectly interchangeable.

carew66 said:

I wonder, just for the benefit of the 'ignorant masses'you understand, if there might not be a word that accurately describes the sound that a head disappearing up its owner's arse would make.

I will be happy to oblige it sounds like : CAARRREEEWW

Heavy emphasis on the R's.

:neener:

Fully agree with you, often use the word and get flamed by people.

The reasoning I feel that others don't want to use the word is they don't want to admit they are fucking a whore, perhaps supporting a whore, maybe calling her a girlfriend.

Been there done that, by NOT defining the girl as a whore, well then by the same resoning I am not fucking a whore!

<<I have not lowered my self to the state where I would have a whore as a girlfriend, because I dont see her as a whore.>>

So this is why many here don't want to call a spade a spade, asmany who have been out with me know I have many whores as friends, both in business and in go-go bars, good on them, if I was a girl, I'd probably be one too! And I'd also try and con you that I'm not ;)

As a good friend once said to me, Thailand is the pnly place in the world where men come to date whores.

JB

Archived