Whores

jagoturner

I accept that the word "whore" has a stigma among many (especially those who compile dictionaries who, given their choice of career, should know better) but it shouldn't. It's a beautiful word with a beautiful sound so lets cut the shit and use it all the time.

Jago,

Ok, I'll drop the PC bullshit. How does pillow-biting cocksucker sit with you ? Let's roll out motherfucker, child molester and pathetic sex tourist whilst we are exploring the joys of the English language.

I expect that you enjoyed that about as much as the girls enjoy being referred to as 'whores'.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jagoturner said:

As for calling anyone's paid girlfriend a whore to his face. Well... I wouldn't call her a sex worker or a courtesan either. Not unless he had an excellent sense of humour.

But you most definitely would not call her a whore. By being so bold to call a guys P4P lady a whore to his face, wouldn't you be the brave anti-PC soldier fighting for your right to as you put it "sing" such a "beautiful" word? Wouldn't you be empowering yourself to not be pressured by the PC crowd that forces you to be civil? Maybe the fear of an ass whooping dispels all of that bravado? I tend to think that you know as most people with a grasp of language do that "whore" is a VULGAR word. You don't use the word when referring directly to the companions of others because you know it is not tactful and tasteful.

jagoturner said:

Isn't political correctness a little broader in its meaning ? I would have thought it refers to the attempt to limit other people's way of expressing themselves in the belief it will make society somehow better mannered ? .

My goodness, if that is the case then one could construe every act of kindness, politeness, tolerance and etiquette as PC!

Don't societies have the right and purpose to determine how it's members act? Shouldn't society have some sense of conformity and standards of behavior?

You people really have to let this PC thing go.

I think, just to drag this thing out a little further, that Carew made a good point in his post #293507. This discussion is in danger of disappearing up its own arsehole. It's very hard, seems to me, to use the word 'whore' as either a compliment or a term of affection. Here however is a lady who has no qualms about calling a cunt a cunt...

http://jadedtulip.net/cunt/

Hi Chuck,

My main objection to the casual use of words like 'whore' and 'cunt' is that it very quickly becomes tedious. We all spent years in the schoolyard, listening to one another trot these words out ad nauseam : I made the mistake of joining the Army where I copped 4 more years of it. There is a reason why (most) people don't throw these words around with the same propensity as they may use 'shit', 'crap' or 'a-hole' : the former are reserved for particularly nasty individuals.

If I want to hear obscenities, I'll hang out with adolescents. Till then, I'll reserve 'whore' for politicians and lawyers.

I agree. I think certain words should be used sparingly. Interesting though how guys can refer to their dicks, wangs, tools, plonkers whatever but most 'nice' girls I've met talk about 'down there'. At least they do with me. I've noticed bar girls talk about 'hoi' a lot though. It doesn't even sound obscene when they say it. :)

jagoturner said:

I accept that the word "whore" has a stigma among many (especially those who compile dictionaries who, given their choice of career, should know better) but it shouldn't. It's a beautiful word with a beautiful sound so lets cut the shit and use it all the time.

Next time you are at a go-go or bar in Thailand, ask any of the dancers or bargirls if they are a whore in Thai. I'm curious as to the responses you'll receive. :)

Archived