THEFT !

Hi Blackie:

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I've had my cell phone ripped off once, and a failed attempt at my wallet. Instead of blaming the victim, I'd like to make a few practical suggestions:

With respect to security of property in your home:

NOT regarding your cell phone, you may want to keep other, smaller valueables, jewelry, cash, etc...locked up. For your cell phone, you may want to keep it in your front pants pocket, not on a carrying case. Leave your pants on when you go into the bathroom -- don't leave them in a room different than your physical location. They're your pants, you can do with them what you damn well please -- to hell with what the girl thinks. The motion detector / loud decible alarm is an option to consider.

Regarding home security, you may want to get window locks--the kind that requires an allen wrench to open, not just the thumb-screw kind. Then, for your doors, use a double-cylinder deadbolt lock. Lock the door when your guests enter, and pocket the key. Nobody's leaving without your knowlege/consent. Of course, be discreet when pocketing the key.

Re the phone itself: Many modern phones have some security conveniences. They won't keep the phone from getting ripped off, but will make them useless to the thief. My phone has a code I enter every time I turn it on from the "off" position. No can use without it. I also have a code I have to enter in order to get the phone to accept a new Sims card, hehehe. There's another option to have to enter a code everytime I dial, but that's a bit too much of a hassle for me, personally.

Lastly, may I suggest doing a little "shopping" for receptive mammasans? Do a little looking aroound. Find two or three club managers who seem co-operative. Perhaps they have girls whom they KNOW where they live, and who are respectful towards the property of others. I honestly think this approach will provide you the greatest security. There's a lot of great gals out there, but there's so many bad ones that you gotta work your way through the chaff.

While I suppose it is debatable that so many ripoffs in such a short time somehow makes you partially culpible, regardless of how you and I feel about criticism from others, such a large number of thefts perhaps will lead you to consider some of these potential safety / risk - reduction methods.

Good luck and get well soon. :up:

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"If I cannot walk for 6 months ,I'd say that was a disability! And cannot walk now....... Temp or otherwise"

I'd call that a really fucked up situation, a seriously debilitating injury, and a pain in the fucking ass that nobody needs. I sincerely wish you a 100% recovery without any future annoying complications, hassles, whatever.

I would in no way classify it as a 'disability'.

i reckon the easiest thing to avoid further thefts is to spend a few hundred baht and use a short time hotel. plenty of 'em around everywhere. don't carry a mobile or any excessive amount of money around.

well, you could also get a wife...

Guest lazyphil

<<What the hell is this supposed to mean? Just because something negative happens to someone, they deserve it? I know of someone who is a very good driver but has had several motor vehicle accidents, one a bad injury accident. None were their own fault. Did they deserve it? No!

I'm sorry, but your logic is lost on me>>

Well lets put it this way--a guy who we assume has a modicum of intelligence and most likely more takes 3rd world prostitutes (the very people blackie despises--why does he bother associating with them??) to his own room and repeatedly gets robbed alarm bells start ringing (but not mobile phones at least not in his presence)--yes it was his fault partly--the girls did wrong I never excused their bad behavior but its up to blackie to ensure the integrity of his property whence entertaining complete strangers in his room, no?

Btw I'm not trying to apply logic here just common sense.

Archived