THEFT !

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, ok admitted the pot noodles was a bit below the belt, apologies for that.

I was told of the thread by a friend who couldnt believe the sympathy replies. The Doc hit it on the head when he questioned a broken leg as being a disability. Again I would never wish a broken leg or any other broken body part on anyone. As for people who know Blackie, there are alot more out there than 4 or 5! His old apartment building housed 4 guys who all knew him well enough to 'know' him.

And no I dont have any other name to go under, been reading very occasionally, haven't posted.

Fact is he complains bitterly about how bad bar girsl are, how untrustworthy, how nasty, blah blah blah, its getting old news, how many years has it been Blackie?? 4? and you still getting ripped off by girls, still cannot hold a relationship for more than a few weeks? sorry for being cynical, but after all this time, one should not feel pity..

BarTrippin, and this goes for Fatbastard too,

The reason that I am angry with these kinds of posts is that you both crossed the line of privacy here. I think every member on this board is entitled to his privacy. Just because you are privy to information you've gathered outside the board doesn't give you the right to use it on a public board. What happens in private life should stay private. I know I would be pretty pissed of if a board member uses info he has gathered on me through for example the friday meetings to compromise me on the board.

All your moral outrage about Blackies behaviour is outrageous, considering the way you choose to breach his privacy. The fact that this is tolerated on this board, makes me want to reconsider whether I want to be a part of this community.

Cheers,

soongmak

Hi,

"I'd never really thought of it that way but he is correct. "

Yes, he is.

Although in defence of the two people mentioned, I can imagine their response, especially in light of the hypocrisy in this thread.

Nor, I am afraid, do I see where Blackie's privacy is breached in those posts. I mean to those who do not know Blackie beyond this board, what new info have they gleamed from these posts that would reveal his identity?

Still, I agree that these posts, while perhaps true, were uncalled for.

I think it is about time we let this thread die (as perhaps it should have several pages back).

Sanuk!

soongmak said:

BarTrippin, and this goes for Fatbastard too,

The reason that I am angry with these kinds of posts is that you both crossed the line of privacy here. I think every member on this board is entitled to his privacy. Just because you are privy to information you've gathered outside the board doesn't give you the right to use it on a public board. What happens in private life should stay private. I know I would be pretty pissed of if a board member uses info he has gathered on me through for example the friday meetings to compromise me on the board.

All your moral outrage about Blackies behaviour is outrageous, considering the way you choose to breach his privacy. The fact that this is tolerated on this board, makes me want to reconsider whether I want to be a part of this community.

Cheers,

soongmak

Okay I gotta come out of my self appointed gag to comment on this post because I think you are being to hard and not fair in questioning the ethics of the board in regards of the posts being allowed

I will not make a comment about my view of Blackie or his posts. My comment specifically pertains to your criticism of FatB and BarT.

(I promise I will resume my quiet status after this post).

Earlier in the thread Blackie was criticizing those members who did not agree with his position by telling them that they did not "personally" know him and his "situation". Blackie even made a point of chastizing KS about not "REALLY" knowing him that well. You then had members specifically WYD and Stick who defended Blackie and personally vouched for him and his credibility by citing their somewhat personal knowledge of him. Now when Fat and BarT cite personal knowledge that questions Blackies credibility there seems some sense of outrage by members that don't like their posts.

What truly is the difference between what WYD and Stick did and what Fat and BarT did? None as far as I can see. One group calls him a stand up guy based off of personal and private experiences and the other group calls him a hypocrite based off of personal and private experiences. The only difference is that Fat and BarT are providing a specific example to back up their statement of Blackie's hypocrisy rather than a vague or generic statement that calls him a hypocrite and would be construed as a flame.

Resuming the gagged lurk mode :p

Archived