Sacrilege: Boycott Victoria's Secret

sfinkz

Even if it means buying your lady the standard M in T bloomers. I could barely stomach this company dusting off Bob Dylan to cast lecherous glances at scantily clad models to push its products on the telly. But now this?. Don't expect to see this on the beaches of Thailand any time soon. It was first exposed by a protesting group of Vietnamese-Americans which resulted in the removal of the offending product from the company's website.

I seriously will try to boycott these particular products, but VS in general is to good to say no to...oh the fun I have going in there to buy lotions and what not, just look around, and dream of a Thai girl in my apartment wearing what ever, occassionally seeing some hot girl buying something special for what ever occassion, and thinking how lucky some guy is...or occassionally trying on some ladies garmets, and thinking...er ah never mind, I am just joking...

The article also mentions there are no Victoria's Secret outlets in Thailand but I seem to recall one, with live models, off Rama lX on Soi Sunvija if I'm not mistaken. (Khun Chuwit, proprietor). Also mentions the Bodhisattvasas only being on the top of the 'tankini' but I believe there are two versions with a much more offensive placement on the bottom half though it's not indicated on (and what's the use of talking about an article about a bikini without a pic) this pic.

Disguisting, no? I am partial to VS as well but I'm afraid when I want to play dress-up in the future I'll have to be a Wacoal girl.

Saw the same in a Thai newspaper on Tuesday morning (I can't read thai, but hte girl in the photo was cute)

Everyone in the house was duely shocked, except me of course, who had no idea what was going on.

Now that I do, and now that I live here I am a bit divided. I find the swastika's offencive (Whats OBL?) but am not in my heart outraged by the Budha Bikini, however I can see why it is offensive.

Maybe a poll here? Those living here are you really offended, or just think its a rude farang thing to do, and then the same question for visitors?

As I said, in my heart I am not offended, but think its rude, where as the swastika really does offend me.

Interesting point KS

JB

Hi,

"KS, you do realize that there is a "swastika", a mirror image of the Nazi one, that is an ancient Buddhist symbol?"

Yes, aware of that, however when it is imprinted on a German WW2 helmet it doesn't leave much room for doubt as to what it signifies.

Sanuk!

Archived