Post Something!

Anything wrong with posting links to pictures on a member's website or photo album? Rather than in the links section this could be a separate section of the board.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
khunsanuk said:

Hi,

Part of the problem is likely that lately almost all of your posts have a negative tone.

Well lets see this month I have only posted 10 times, one about the baht rate, once giving directions to the majestic grande, once commenting on majestic suites (sorry I did not like it) one on trigger happy moderating and the other six times relating to cents post asking for people to post something.

I don't see how suggesting improvements can be considered as negative, I would have thought just the opposite.-peter

Hi Cent,

I agree with the majority of what you have raised, particularly in relation to certain members carrying on a 'debate' purely for the sake of having the last word. Unfortunately, this has been part and parcel of the board since I joined - I cant see it changing unless KS implements a policy to curb it. My own authoritarian bent would see this board run quite differently, and that would probably spell the end of the board.

Full marks to the mods for (mostly) treading that fine line between being an ogre and being too lenient.

Cheers,

Artie

"On the no no areas I hear complaints about cambodia being almost a no go zone, it's not pedo postings, I mean just ordinary reports about prostitiution. I believe the objections are the way prostitiution is organised in cambodia. Seems OK though to write about bars here which still employ underage girls in Bkk so the moral objections to cambodia seem a bit suspect. "

Hi there, as the Cambo moddy I think that you'll find that Sanuk in Cambodia is available for discussion. Under-age and Indentured is not. We are sensitive to these areas and also to crusades for and against. I for one am happy to see discussion of the adult P4P scene in Cambodia.

Cheers

Coss

maybe bar certain members to debate on a precise topic that make just old arguments spring out again, with very little to say again:

like no cambo debating for FlyW, no "Pattaya the greatest" debating for P127 or whatever bugs everyone about me, no "they are whores, period" debating for i don't remember who.....

If they/we choose to post and express themselves on forbidden subjects, fine, just get booted out for 2 weeks from the forum, for that privilege to be heard again ::.

basically, we have to decide if there are real shortcomings to participation on the forum, and are they due to a general attitude of membership towards posting on the net* or specifically on this thai site, or can be pinpointed to a few misbehaviours from certain.

All ears......

*which i think is what it is. Some love to show up and chat everyday, some don't. I don't believe in the guy who would like to post, except that blahblah..... It is just too easy to post and say first " i am not used to post a lot, i hope my opinion will not bring too much aggressivity from others, just curious what others think about this topic" . Will do marvels, IMO!

P,

"which i think is what it is. Some love to show up and chat everyday, some don't. I don't believe in the guy who would like to post, except that blahblah..... It is just too easy to post and say first " i am not used to post a lot, i hope my opinion will not bring too much aggressivity from others, just curious what others think about this topic" . Will do marvels, IMO!"

Yes, I agree P. If I understand what you are saying, I don't always ya know. :D But like I said, maybe the more agressive posters need to chill the hell out sometimes. I mean really, we're here for sanuk really. It's what the board's name encompassed earlier in another incarnation. Maybe we should make a new title for the board. Nanaplaza.com The Sanuk Board -- It's All About The Sanuk!

I realize a lot of guys treat this board as a virtual meeting place, and some just love to argue their points back and forth, between friends really, but this isn't always the case. After a while they seem to feel everyone is fair game, every thread, every post. That gets friggin' annoying after a while. And is not Sanuk.

It's really a shame we can't get political here at times. It would be interesting, but I understand why. Some guys just take things too personal, need to defend their every veiwpoint to the nth degree, and end up getting pissed off and/or pissing a lot of other people off. The quickest way to start flame wars and personal animosity between posters is in political or religious discussions on here, well, that and thdebates over the price of ST or LT that is. In a way the mods are catching a break with this policy! :D Imagine the amount of mod work here if we did let the political discussions go on here! :: And believe me, I'd have to excuse myself from these discussions probably more than most as well, as I tend to get into trouble when in political discussions, (as KS well knows!)as I disagree with both political sides because I am in the middle ground. I'm neither left nor right, and have to argue with both sides. :( Making me an enemy for both camps to attack usually! ::

What I do see though is that a lot of guys spend a lot of time on here chit chatting and debating when most of these guys could take a break on ocassion, just once in a while, and give us a few posts on their trips, some info on places to see and things to do, some anecdotes and insights, a story of something they experienced in the LOS, or elsewhere in SEA. A lot of the guys here have been over many times. There are some serious experienced Thai hands on here, intelligent guys who could add more here, yet don't for some reason. Also I see a lot of the ones who complain about the direction of the board, and the content on the board not being all they'd like it to be are usually those who don't post much at all on their own experiences and such. When I KNOW they travel to Thailand often thenselves and should have a lot more to put up here. The content of this board and what you read is all here because of the members themselves. This is the damned truth! So if others want to see more stuff here to thier liking, stuff they don't seem to feel is on here that they'd like to see, well ..... shit or get off the pot dammit! :) Post Something!

One of the good things about this board is there are plenty of forums here to talk about or post something in about anything pertaining to the LOS, our love for the women, the country, things to do here, where to eat, where to stay, how to get here, whatever. The structure is here to make this a great place to log onto, but it is up to the members themselves to fill in the blanks with stuff they like to talk about and info they want to share. The members ARE the board. Up to them. Post something dammit P127! :D (Ah Christ! Did I actually say that?)

Cent

Arty,

Yeah, it can get old huh? It even keeps me away from a lot of threads once the debate team drops in and starts again the same old arguments sometimes. I'd prefer to hear about their last trip in a report or something. An informative report, with prices, and anecdotes, and something sanuk. I think we all know by now most of the old hands viewpoints on most of the subjects here. I'd rather get to know more about how they've spent their time in the LOS, than hear another opinion on condoms, or aids, or P4P vs GTG and all that stuff. :: :)

Cent

p.s. Authoritarian? An Aussie? You guys are the least authoritarian of the western world from my experiences! Easy going drinking beer sanuk fuckers from all the ones I've met! :D

Cent said:

P,

Maybe we should make a new title for the board. Nanaplaza.com The Sanuk Board -- It's All About The Sanuk!

I suggested this several months back due to the aparently evolution of the board into other areas than just P4P. Really though it would not make much if any difference. Originally it was called sanuk fun in thailand if my memory serves me that far back.

It's really a shame we can't get political here at times. It would be interesting,

Yes too true, the arguments against it are pretty thin. I don't see whats wrong with a good old argument, it can be amusing and informative and nobody is going to get thumped are they? What this phobia is against it is a mystery to me.Look at other boards, do things really get that out of hand?

A lot of the guys here have been over many times. There are some serious experienced Thai hands on here, intelligent guys who could add more here, yet don't for some reason.

Cent I think what you would really like to see are more guys posting the sort of stuff you like and are so good at writing, not everyone is good at it and not everyone wants to write loads of stories about thailand. Some do just want to use the board for info and chit chat.

One of the good things about this board is there are plenty of forums here to talk about or post something in about anything pertaining to the LOS,

Cent

Yes but it's hard to keep track of what you posted and looked at. If I might mention one more negative which I saw posted elsewhere, the board is not so good since email notification of answers to posts disapeared since the upgrade. I never knew this ever worked, but it is helpfull on other forums. Possible to do?

Archived