Stolen Love Letters

zanemay

Hi,

"so, i fail to see how i was "off my handle" and "crusading"."

It wasn't so much this post by itself, more a general attitude I seem to be sensing. Your standard MO when disagreeing with something is to come in both barrels blazing, which is not making you any friends, and often even works counter productive to the point you are trying to make.

Sanuk!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I'm on the fence here.

It's ok to post here about every single last detail about the b'g we had last night, including verbal quotes, body flaws, sexual preferences, and her whole family history......but an email she writes is taboo? ::

Write a letter in an Internet cafe without taking pains to make it safe/hidden, and it becomes public domain. Simple as that. There are no laws. Copyrighted material must be submitted for approval, and letters are not elegible. Privacy laws on the open world wide web? Not a chance.

Personally, I would not have made the post Zanemay did. I would con cider that a little toward the 'invasion of privacy' direction, which he clearly felt a little leery about doing. But let's also get real, guys. Is not recounting our encounters here with b'g's not an invasion of their privacy also? We can tell the world here how many pussy hairs they have, but not relate an email sent to us??????

Where do we draw the line? I'm only playing the devil's advocate here. Open for discussion. :)

HT

Hi,

Just to clarify. As far as I am concerned TTM acted the way he should have, and I do not blame him for not editing the post. Everybody here has been asking for less strict moderation, and that is exactly why TTM left the post untouched. If he hadn't I am sure we would have had a very similar discussion, but then on the moderators being too heavy handed. Guess we can't have it both ways, eh? :)

The main reason why I 'overruled' him was that I put myself in the shoes of the writer of those emails, and (as others have mentioned already) would be seriously pissed off about seeing this online.

So to protect said writer, and in a way this board, I decided it was better to now allow these emails on the board. It just isn't right.

Sanuk!

Well, trip reports are accounts of life that are posted without at least one participant's knowledge, but the names have been changed, so that's all right.

Emails left publically on the computer, a paper letter left on a park bench, we shouldn't read?

Don't read the trip reports, some BG might learn enough english to read them and recognise her self?

Cheers

Coss

coss said:

Emails left publically on the computer, a paper letter left on a park bench, we shouldn't read?

coss,

Read maybe, steal no, publish on a webboard no.

IMO.

Publish here all you want on your trip or even your own correspondence with your relations and their replies, it still does not make it right to publish here private correspondence from total strangers that you "found" on a public computer.

BB

I must be missing something here

>Emails left publically on the computer, a paper letter left on a park bench, we shouldn't read?

Quite honestly, Yes. Maybe its just that that sort of "peeping tom" mentality does nothing for me.

I really am surprised that you see no wrong in looking through some one elses email box just for the purient pleasure that it gives. Tell you what, PM me your email account name and password ( a real one) and let me have a shufty through it, and I can post the juicy bits (obviously changing your name to "cass - and you have no idea how hard it was to leave the "r" out there...so nobody knows who I am talking about.). Good idea?

-j-

actually, don't send me, as said, I have no desire to go through peoples emails, but I hope you get the idea...

Then by the same token when I post about some experience I have had with Pan but I'll change the name to Nok, meets the same criteria. Pan or Nok may be mortified and justifiably upset to know that I'm telling the world what she did.

What I'm saying is that we allow trip reports but not emails?

Any way KS has ruled on this one so I'm bowing out now.

Cheers

Coss

Archived