Q Bar raided

British Embassy Bangkok

"Keep your passport in the hotel safe and carry a photocopy with you."

LOOK THEY CHANGED THIS since last week....

"By law, tourists are expected to carry their original passports at all times in Thailand. "

"By law, tourists are expected to carry their original passports at all times in Thailand. There have been recent incidents where tourists have been arrested because they were unable to produce their passport."

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cops and government always respond to negative press internationally. Let's se how they like the new image.
Amen?and pass the word.

I suggest travel magazines and the travel sections of US and European newspapers. Avoid any hint of p4p because, quite honestly, that is not what this or Q Bar is about. Instead, focus on the indignity of being held against your will for hours to take a urine test. Describe getting arrested even when you haven't taken any drugs because you sensibly left your passport back in the hotel safe deposit box. Mention that the Thai police said they were going to conduct these sorts of raids at least once a week. (This was reported in the paper last week.) Describe, in dispassionate terms, how rudely the Thai police treat farangs during these raids. I am sure prospective tourists and visitors to Thailand will appreciate these details.

Hey, it's official policy. The officials should have nothing to complain about. ::

Amen. Perhaps it has to get much worse before they can be embarrassed into stopping it. So bring it on. Hassle the bars. Haul me and others in. Do it every night. THEN we'll see how they like the press.

Police have away of handling trouble makers. As has been mentioned, Thai policemen can treat falangs in a nasty way. Can you imagine going to jail and having to share the communal cup with others? Watching a falang take their turn on the open - Asian toilet would be very intertaining. Can you imagine a falang interacting with the lady boys.

Did anybody see the editorial in the paper Sunday by the Q-bar management? I thought the editorial was well written.

As for the Q-bar - take the number of people that were detained and multiply by the cover charge - that is a lot of money. I think other people can do the math also and are looking at ways to get their hands on a piece of the money.

I have been in the Q-bar a few times. The last time I was there, I believe the cover charge was 240 baht - which I think got you 2 drinks.

"The last time I was there, I believe the cover charge was 240 baht - which I think got you 2 drinks. "

perhaps u're talking abt Q bar in Vietnam ::

But thanks for beeing spot on again...

kryptoknight said:

I take valium on the flight over so I can sleep on the plane. Obviously this will show up in my urine. Does anyone have any clue if this is a substance they are looking for? Would a prescription bottle keep me out of trouble?

Not sure why I am asking here, I doubt any of you know the answer to this one. Just shows how easy it would be to get caught up in a mess for a legitamite prescription.

I was middle of CM2 raid in last march. I didnt test positive alltought i had been taking some valium occasionally during last few weeks. As you too i take them so i can sleep on the plane. I dont know if they are even looking for benzodiazepines, but i strongly doupt it becourse there would be too many people testing positive. And would there any point for doing so becourse they sell valium without prescription!!?

As far as i know those quick tests are not too reliable in any way, so i just wonder how many innocent people have suffered from wrong test results!!!!??

Archived