Thermae Coffee House

But the REAL good old days were about ten years ago at the old Thermae. The place was an institution and had an energy about it that I have never seen captured anywhere since. The entrance through the restroom pretty much set the tone for the night, and the red vinyl sofas, jukebox, and shiity food all added to the charm. Oh, I forgot. The wall to wall women in a fairly small place.

they had food???

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gasp,horror,say WHAT,whats this no Carlsberg business your saying? Do they not sell it anymore? Whats the story. HEY,Im not drinking that Singh crap. I think its called Black Panther beer,that will have to do ::

Shall hear from you a later stage

Catch Ya

• 2 weeks later...

If you hang around at Thermae long enough you'll notice that most of the girls are looking for Japanese customers. The girls are there for the money, and naturally look for the big spenders. Some of the girls would not even go with a farang.

Years ago when Thermae was not discovered by the Japanese punters, it had a totally different atmosphere, and was never boring, never. Nothing against our Japanese friends; there are still more than enough girls to go around at Thermae and elsewhere, regardless.

Speaking of Thermae,i have just arrived back from the old haunt,forget this 1am closing crap for a start,load of rubbish. I have been in there just after 2am these last couple of nights

The quality of women on Thursday and Friday night was very good.,however starting from Sunday i really just couldnt believe my eyes . From Sunday on,must be Bow Wow night

What a pack of dogs let loose in there,it was just amazing.

Was a very sad case indeed but hey,i love the place so just hunted around till i found an average one .Still good to see the price is still 1000 baht for a shorty and 1500 for a longy,cant complain about that :-) It does seem so strange that it doesnt pull in the crowds like it uised to a few years back but hey,i do understand why after Sundays :-(

Generally speaking I did enjoy myself there and i expect next year I will go visiting it again :-)

Within the many posts in regard to Thermae I have not seen reference to its origin. I believe it actually started as a massage parlor... please correct me if I am wrong. My second day in BKK in 1967 my dad pointed out a place called Thermae that was located downstairs from the Chevrolet Hotel near soi 13 / 15 on Sukhumvit. The Chevrolet was a GI hotel with a small PX. My dad told me he never wanted to see me in this place... I think it was one of his regular hang-outs!

Anybody remeber this ancient history of the Thermae?

Ekamaiguy :D

Hey ya cossy,me thinks you know my other nick,"up2u" :-)

Tried pulling that stunt of 1k for longtime on 2 occasions and got the same reply "ohhhh noooooo",so gave em 1500 including taxi fare or tips and all was happy then :-)

Most of the bow wows i saw there wouldnt be worth 500 longtime I give you the tip. Anyway still enjoyed Bangkok and it really hasnt changed that much from a few years ago,in fact in most ways Bangkok is better,more bars and more eating places.

Catch Ya

Archived