Relationships wth Thai Girls,not from the sex area

gerrryuk

There is lots of talk of relationships with Bar girls, whoremongers relationships etc. But does anybody have any knowledge of having a relationship with Thai ladies who not at all attached to the sex industry. For instance if she were to work as a till girl on the Crocadile farm or maybe a shop assistant or whatever.

I am aware the nature of the people on this forum but there must be plenty who have had such relationships and what to expect.

I am coming for the first time to LOS next week and you never know I could meet with such a lady. I would n't know how to treat her, she just has be different to Bar Girls etc .........

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May I respectfully suggest you do a search of the relationship section on this board, and maybe also the 'stories'. That will save us going though all of the same arguments again. In fact, i think there's even a thread open that discusses about the same subject.

Do a search on 'GTG'

Using the archive of this board, you can download enough material to read for many days on end.

just a pity KS has deleted a whole block at the latest change-over.

But there's plenty left to read.

I would n't know how to treat her

--------------------------------

same as back home, when you date or want to have a date with a chick. Enjoy the moment, and don't get too anxious or hopeful about what will happen or not.

This said, chances are she may bring a friend or 2 to chaperon the date, then it will be up to you to figure out if it's done out of propriety at such an early stage of meeting one another, or to get multiple free rides from the nice farang who foots the bill of the entire day/night.

Also, wise to remember that though she may indeed act differently from a BG at the onset, she probably projects the same expectations on you as a BG would: take care of me, nice handsome farang!

I am coming for the first time to LOS next week and you never know I could meet with such a lady. I would n't know how to treat her, she just has be different to Bar Girls etc .........

Gerry,

How about treating them like ladies, like you would treat one from your own country ?

just a pity KS has deleted a whole block at the latest change-over.

But there's plenty left to read.

ikkrang,

Dont worry, its all archived away..... KS is just waiting to upgrade the board and then all will be accessible again.

That the plan, dont know when it will be done :cover:

BB

thanks Ikkrang for your observations and taking the time to help me, but after trawling through a lot of of what you pointed to it did seem to refer to Farangs and B/G or uneducated Thai girls, not really my cup of tea....

Thank you Jai Dee I appreciate your comments and that is exactly what i was looking for. The thought of an educated girl, perhaps not so "street wise" and of the "middle class" (if there is such a thing in LOS) type of life.

I have no knowledge or experience of such a different culture or way of life, but I like to be prepared.......

Gerry

thank you katmui for your efforts, it is very interesting, and everything is noted.

I must now confess that I do have an ulterior motive in that I am coming to LOS to see a GTG and I wanted to make (or not make) the correct moves.

I know , I know us newbies tut tut ...........

I dated a hairdresser I met years back, the first many dates, her sister(s) came along, and a few friends. Later one, by one sister, then just us for a few, then we started traveling together! treat her like you would any decent girl, learn up on the culture before hand some stuff can shock you a bit (like her paying 5 bhat for any gift you give her...). It is fun! I also dated a few students, fun also, and a bit more open at a faster pace...and less "up to you." Ity is fun, and a nice break. A bit disappointing when you come up short at the end of the night, but then you can always go out... :)

Hi gerrryuk,

My best advise is that most Thai girls have heard that 'farang lie'. If meeting out of the blue, then they will be especially leery of trusting what your true motives are. A little less so, if you are recommended by a friend of their's.

Just be honest, and aware that they will be continually sizing you up, for a while. Once you break that 'trust' barrier, which can take some time, they will open up completely. At least has been my experience.

As far as the cultural stuff? Not really so different than other girls, except when dealing with 'family issues', involving sin sot, saving face, etc. further down the road. As OH alludes to, things like giving 5 baht for a gift, is pretty regional. It's often been said here that giving a Thai girl perfume can be insulting, so some will give a few baht back to detract as being given as a gift. I asked my Thai g/f about this, and she has never heard such a thing (central Thai) ??? So a lot of that stuff does not seem to be universal within the culture.

Their primary concern is in looking for sincerity in you. Give them that, and you cannot go wrong. But be careful. Giving a promise, or stating an intent, is taken much more seriously, than how it might be seen in the west. Tell a Thai girl you are giving her your heart, and you had better be serious about it. Don't say it, unless you really mean it. It would seem many do, and is the reason for the 'farang lie' pervasive thoughts, that I've seen in many girls there, who are not involved in the prostitution scene.

Overcoming the trust issue, and the time involved to accomplish that, is why most tourists stick to the bars. Getting involved with a non-prostitute Thai girl is going to take some time. A lot longer than a 2 week trip can/will provide.

HT

Archived