Iraq Hostage

greedisgood

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's incredibly sad!

I still can't understand what people (farangs) are doing in Iraq, it's not a minor risk anymore, it's proven to be a huge risk. It's definitely not worth being there right now, not for any purpose.

My message to them... GET THE FUCK OUT OF THAT PLACE!

I am looking at jobs now in that region, mainly Kuwait and Dubai. For me, the money and a break from the ordinary. My company is going down the toilet, I have endured countless paycuts and have lost my pension, so also a feeling of fast money needed now for the future, and if I get killed, hell, had no good future to look foreward to anyway...unless you consider working until I am 75+ and dropping dead on the toilet at work to be a future (one guy I was working with did this last night, still a bit weirded out by it).

A lot of these guys seem to take chances, for a lot of guys, it beats working at home for $25,000 a year if they can get work. Some of those oil workers are pretty limited, skill wise, and would never have the life they want without the risk...can you imagine the shitty day to day meager existance a measly paycheck provides? and no hope of ever getting a holiday in LOS? Sucks, I'd rather take my chances...

Archived